- Food and Cooking
Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Scrumptious Sweet Potato Pie
Do you like Sweet Potatoes? I certainly do!
There are a number of ways to enjoy this tasty vegetable and a Sweet Potato Pie is just one of them
Feed your family with these nutritious vegetables, full of things good for you and your growing children. Got fussy eaters? Give them their veggies in a pie and they'll be pleading for more.
Online Cooking Unit Conversion
- 500 grams (1 pound) sweet potato
- 1/2 cup butter- softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Boil or steam the sweet potato whole in their skins for about 40 minutes until soft
- Run cold water over the the sweet potato, and remove the skins.
- .Break apart the sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer.
- Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean
- . Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
How to Make a good Pie Crust
What I do with the Pie Crust Dough
After getting my first ball of dough, I wrap it in some plastic wrap and stick it in the frig for about 30 minutes
Making Sweet Potato Pie
Calories: 389 | Total Fat: 20.6g Cholesterol: 85mg
Sweet Potatoes from the Market
I picked up some good looking sweet potatoes from the Queen Vic Market for a good looking price
Cook and Serve in a beautiful pie plate
Lead-free; and safe in your oven, microwave, and dishwasher