Taco Salad for Your Holiday Cookout, or Any Cookout-Party Ideas
Taco Salad Fresh, Crisp, and Easy
This recipe is always requested during the summer season. Taco salad makes a wonderful side dish, with hamburgers. Can also be served as a main dish, on a hot summer day. When, it is too hot to cook, or you would rather be in the pool.
It is light, tasty, and easy to bring to any party, cookout, or graduation. If you keep the ingredients in seperate ziplock bags, you can make ahead, and keep in the refrigerator, for up to two days. Without the lettuce wilting, Yuck! Also makes it easier the day of the party, to "grab and go". Buy an aluminum foil pan, and it is easily mixed at the party. Most of my guests prefer unsoggy chips, so, I mix up half at the beginning, and the other half in the middle. I usually leave alittle for the next day, as I never get quite enough that day. Take ice packs with you, or pop in the cooler, to keep cold until ready to serve.
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix, taco bell
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium head lettuce, iceberg
- 2-4 medium tomatoes, vine ripe
- 1 bag (8 oz.) fiesta cheese, shredded
- 1 medium bag doritos, crushed
- 1 small bottle western dressing
- Cook lean ground beef, until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Add 1 packet of seasoning mix, and one fourth of a cup of water. Let simmer until all liquid is absorbed. Let cool. Put in tupperware container for the next day.
- Shred lettuce, rinse well, and drain in a colander. Put into a gallon ziplock bag, with a damp paper towel. This will help lettuce to remain fresh. Dice tomatoes, and crush chips. Put into ziplock bags. On the day of your party, mix all ingredients in an aluminum pan, including shredded cheese. Drizzle dressing over the top, and toss lightly. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- As a main dish: Layer Doritos on a plate. Top with taco meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Drizzle dressing over all. Sour cream is also a nice topping.
- FoodNetworkTV - YouTube
Welcome to the official YouTube channel of the Food Network. Food Network and foodnetwork.com explore the world of food in a fresh variety of ways while also giving viewers the technique-based knowledge they've come to trust. The In the Kitchen dayti
- artist101 on HubPages