Tangy Masala Pasta
We Indians love masala. We have dishes with more masala or less masala but there is no dish in which we do not prefer it. I love spicy food in general. On that particular day, I was shopping for food with my husband at the local market. While browsing the shelves, I saw a packet of pasta. It was an unknown brand but the packaging looked attractive. As I grabbed it for a closer look, my husband reminded me, that it was pasta. By which he meant that it was too plain for my tastebuds. I was too attracted with the pasta to let it go. So I came home and decided I wanted to try the Italian Pasta with an Indian Masala twist. I came up with this recipe. It did not taste like the original pasta, but like some Indian version of the same. My husband was amazed at my idea. He admitted he did not expect the masala pasta to taste this good. From then on, we occasionally make pasta with different Indian twists. Here is one such simple recipe.
If the masala is spicy have the dish with a dollop of curd.
- Pasta - 2 cups
- Onion shallots - 10
- Green chilli - 2
- Capsicum - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Coriander leaves
- Ginger - small piece
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Pepper Powder
- Turmeric powder
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste.
- Cook the pasta and drain it.
- Grind the ginger, garlic, pepper powder, coriander leaves and keep it aside.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the diced shallots and saute it.
- Add the cut capsicum and tomatoes and green chilli.
- Next add the turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and fry for two minutes.
- Finally add the pasta and stir the mixture well.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Remove from flame and garnish it with finely cut corrainder leaves.
- Yummy masala pasta is ready.