Thai Dip Recipe
My Favorite Thai Dip Recipe
Bring the unique and exotic flavors of south east Asia directly to your kitchen.
I've always been fascinated with Asian kitchen. Thai food offers an incredible and very different dinning experience with its blend of fresh and dried herbs and spices. Most of all I love their appetizers dips and sauces.
Here you will find unique and delicious dip recipes from various regions of Thailand.
If authentic Thai dip recipe is what you need for your next dinner party, this is the right place for you.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 1h 40 min
- 3 lbs chicken parts (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro stems and all minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- For the dip sauce:
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon sambal oelek (or thai chili sauce)
- Stir together all the marinade ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate at room temp 45 minutes or overnight, chilled.
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a non-reactive pan. Add sugar and simmer 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the garlic, salt, and sambal and remove from heat. Cool before serving.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard the marinade. Grill or broil 7-10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- Serve with sticky rice and dipping sauce.
Ajaat - Thai Pickled Cucumber Dip
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 1 -2 tsp chopped green chillies to your taste
- Put vinegar, sugar and chiles in a pint jar, mix thoroughly and add sliced shallots and cucumbers.
- Mix ingredients and place in the refrigerator to develop flavor for a few days before using.
Thai spicy fish dipping sauce with steamed vegetables - Nam Prick Gapi Puk Lork
- 1 Tablespoon Shrimp Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Warm Water
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 5 Bird Chillies
- 5 Small Green Aubergines
- 10 gms Dried Shrimp
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Place all the ingredients in a Thai mortar and pound them until they are all ground together. This sauce can be kept in a refrigerator for long time.
- Steam the vegetables until cooked. Serve them with the dipping sauce.
- Serve With
- * Aubergine
- * Cucumber
- * Baby Corn ( Steamed )
- * Dok Kar ( Steamed )
- * Thai Fragrant Rice
Looking for Thai mortar and pestle for your favorite dip recipes?
Thai Coconut Peanut Dip - Great dipping sauce recipes for chicken nuggets
I find it incredible how Thai dip recipes are a perfect fusion of sweet and sour, hot and cold, and how everything comes together in this delicious dip, perfect for chicken fingers or cut vegetables.
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve immediately with chicken fingers or vegetables, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Thai Dip Nam Prik Ong - Spicy Northern Thai Ground Pork Dip
Thai chili garlic dipping sauce recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 small dried chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon yellow bean sauce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup ground pork
- 1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
- 1 chilled cucumber sliced
- fried lotus root pieces and fried basil leaves
- Rehydrate the small dried chili peppers in water for 10-20 minutes. Once they are soft, chop each chili into 4-5 pieces to make it easier to grind them later. Rinse the yellow bean sauce with water to remove the salinity.
- Using a mortar and pestle, make the paste. First add salt and the rehydrated chilis and pound until somewhat smooth. Then add the shallots, lemongrass, and half of the garlic and pound again. Next add the rinsed beans and tomatoes and smash until most of the tomatoes are a paste.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of canola oil over medium-high heat. Saute the other half of the chopped garlic until almost golden brown, then add the chili/tomato paste you just made. Cook this for 2-3 minutes and then add the ground pork. Cook until the meat is done and do a taste-test. If it needs a little more salt, add a teaspoon of thin soy sauce.
- Place a spoonful of this dip (while still warm) on a slice of cool cucumber. Garnish with a quarter of a fried lotus root chip and a fried basil leaf for a little extra flair.
Thai spinach dip - Thai peanut dipping sauce easy recipe
20 (2-tablespoon) servings for large dinner party.
Assorted vegetable dippers (such as peeled baby carrots, zucchini slices, pea pods, yellow summer squash sticks, and/or red sweet pepper strips)
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 2 hours
- Ready in: 2 hours 15 min
- Yields: about 2-1/2 cups dip
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 8 -ounce carton light dairy sour cream
- 1 8 -ounce carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Chopped peanuts
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, and yogurt. Stir in the snipped mint, the 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, the peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. If desired, garnish with additional chopped peanuts and fresh mint leaves. Serve with vegetable dippers.
Need a quicker way to make your favorite Thai dips? - Find affordable food procesors
Looking for the perfect gift for your favorite cook?
An original gift for your friends who love to cook.
It would surely be highly appreciated.
Prepare for your next Thai dinner party
Why not try something different. Surprise your guests with Asian kitchen recipes.
The incredible flavors of Thai dips and sauces will awake their senses and stimulate their imagination but don't forget that presentation is just as important as the flavors. Use original Thai trays and servers and present the food like a professional.