- Food and Cooking
How to Make Thai Iced Tea
A Quick & Easy Thai Iced Tea Recipe
There's really not much that goes into making Thai tea. In order to get started you'll need some , sugar & either half & half, milk or evaporated milk -- based on your own taste preference. The local Thai restaurant that got me addicted to these things uses half & half. If you don't already have something available in your kitchen, you may also want to invest in a cheap steel mesh tea filter like Thai tea mix. Now that you've got the supplies it's time to learn how to make Thai Iced Tea... this one
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Yields: 4
- 1 1/2 cups Thai tea mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Half & half (add as desired)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add the Thai tea mix, remove from heat & stir for 30 seconds.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea through your tea filter into a heat resistant pitcher.
- Add the sugar to your tea & stir to dissolve.
- Let the tea cool to room temperature.
- Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To Serve:
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour tea over the ice until the glass is about 3/4 full. (Or 1/4 empty for you pessimists.)
- Fill remainder of glass with half & half.
- *Can be modified to your personal taste.
- If you feel like spicing things up, try adding a little rum for an alcoholic beverage.