Thai Shrimp Salad
So fresh and delicious
Having a salad for lunch is good for you as long as it contains healthy ingredients. The dressing for this salad is a light version of a traditional Thai sauce. Combined with shrimp and a nice salad mix, this dish is not only healthy but delicious and satisfying. Serve with a light soup or whole wheat flat bread on the side.
- Green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 16 large shrimp, cooked, peeled, tail on
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 tbls. lime juice
- 1 tbls. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbls. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. grape seed oil
- Line plates with lettuce leaves.
- Layer remaining salad ingredients ending with shrimp (4 per salad).
- Top with peanuts and parsley.
- Put dressing ingredients in a blender or shaker bottle and blend.
- Drizzle each salad with dressing.
- Chill until ready to serve.