- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
The Best Quickest Chapli Kebab Recipe
The Best Chapli Kebab
Origin Of kebabs
There are many type of kebabs but the most popular are sheesh kebab and chapli kebab. Kebab is originated from Arabic language but many other languages Pashto, Persian and Turk claim on it. We heard from our elders, Turk and Persian soldier enjoy grilling fresh meat wrapped on their swords.Kebabs were Mughals favourite and was a prominent dish on their menu, today's chapli kebab are purely take on of Afghan cuisine
These kebabs not only tastes delicious but also looks gorgeous. Use them with plain boiled rice and bowl of yoghurt. They will be a favourite in any party or dinner. Just make it once and I am sure they will be on top of your list.
You will need half kg chicken mince, one large onion diced in small pieces, or chop it in chopper. Three green chillies, one large tomato and bunch of coriander leaves. Another easy option is to take onion, tomato, chillies and coriander and chop in your chopper all together as I did. Spices will be red chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Add bit of chat masalah if you have at home.
- 1/2kg Chicken mince
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 3 Green chillies, chopped
- 1 Large Tomato, chopped
- bunch of Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1tsp Red chilli powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 2tsp chat masalah, optional
Do you like these kebabs?Please rate it.
- Chop the onion, tomato, green chillies and coriander by hand or in chopper. I used chopper.
- Mix spices and chopped onion, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander in chicken mince.
- Make a round ball and shape it thin round kebab with the help of your palm. Use water on your palm if material sticky.Use butter paper, or sandwich, to shape and make big and thinner kebabs, please look at pictures to get an idea.
- Add oil in frying pan and put the kebab in it. Let it brown from one side, then flip it. Take them out when they are cooked from both side.
- Delicious kebabs are ready, use it with mint sauce and decorate it with mint leaves or tomatoes.