- Food and Cooking
How to Bake the Best Low Carb Apple Pie with Oat Flakes Crust-- Step by Step
This is an article to make baking the best apple pie to become an easy affair
Ever thought about baking your best apple pie? This article will take you through the process by easy to follow step by step guidance. This recipe is for an entirely home made apple pie -- with no flour for the crust. That makes this apple pie low in carbs and low in calories -- just suitable for anyone caring about a healthy dessert.
Its a wonderful day for the best apple pie
- eggs -- 4
- oat flakes -- 1 cup
- sugar -- 2/3 cup
- apples -- 1 kg
- cooking oil or butter -- 1 tablespoon
- zest and juice of a lemon
- breadcrumbs -- 1 tablespoon
- cinnamon -- 1 tablespoon
- pincs of salt
- baking powder -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Further down are step by step instruction on how to bake an apple pie. When baking, one should follow instructions, although when cooking one can follow one's taste. But before reading instructions on how to prepare my apple pie you can just check out other recipes from experienced apple pie bakers. See how easy it is to make your own pie crust and how to bake an apple pie! Find the best apple pie recipe ever and make it for your loved ones.
Make your own pie crust - for your apple pie baking
Make your own pie crust -- it is easier than it sounds! It will make your pie perfect and personal and will bring joy to all those that will have a slice of it! Use the pie crust for a glorious apple pie, with raisins and cinnamon and let your whole home smell of apple pie.
The title for the best apple pie is contested by more than one recipe!
There are many excellent apple pies
Maybe the best way to find the best apple pie recipe is to try several of them! There are below links to the best apple pies in the world -- just choose the one you like!
And the best apple for your pie is:
Experts in baking apple pie say that it is important what kind of apple you choose for your bets apple pie. I am expert in eating and I am fairly well experienced in baking apple pies -- in my opinion it depends on personal taste, on the kind of crust, the method of filling and preparing the filling -- the spices too, have an important effect on the taste and texture of an apple pie.
What are the best apples for the best pie?
However. it is good to use the apples that our grannies and mothers have been using too -- those were the days when most women became experts in baking pie. Click on the pics above to see if you can get the best apples in your neighborhood next time when you bake the best apple pie.
1. Instructions for My Apple Pie!
prepare the tray, then leave it aside
Grease the walls with the cooking oil -- or butter -- your choice, according to how much to watch your figure. It does not really affect the taste because it is only a very small amount been used. Line the tray with the bread crumbs.
2. Wash, peel, cut the apples into slices
After washing, peeling and cutting the apples into slices, place them into the lined baking tray. Sprinkle over with the reminder of breadcrumbs and the cinnamon. Mix lemon juice with the third of the sugar and sprinkle over the apple pieces.
3. Separate egg whites from egg yolks for the best apple pie crust
Separete the egg whites from egg yolk -- place them in separate bowls
4. Beat egg whites and egg yolks for the crust of the best apple pie
First beat egg whites with clean beater. Add another third of the sugar, slowly while still using the mixer. Beat egg yolk with the last third of the sugar until creamy and light.
5. Finish making the batter for the best apple pie crust
Mix both gently with a wooden spoon. Add oat flakes, salt, baking powder -- fold them all together gently.
6. The best apple pie is almost finished -- only the baking is left
The best apple pie is baked for about half an hour
Fold the batter over the apples -- use a spoon to make the layer even -- your best apple pie is ready for the oven.
7. The last and best part of baking the best apple pie: getting it out from the oven
Preheat oven to 180 -200 C degrees -- place your best apple pie into oven for 30 -40 minutes; its ready when light brown.