The Best Blueberry Muffins
Best Ever Blueberry Muffins
I make these muffins all the time. They are great for breakfast and easy to make. You can also freeze them, but they won't last that long. I use fresh blueberry's but you can use frozen ones but they may fall to the bottom of the muffin, coat the blueberry's with some flour this helps. I like the Jumbo muffins that you find in the stores, so I make them but you can make small ones also. Although the jumbo muffin paper liners are hard to find, so I order them online.
You can use low fat milk and low fat oil, they will turn out the same. And no one will know. I added sugar on top before cooking and they are better than store bought ones. Also the dry ingredients can be mixed ahead of time and placed in individual Ziploc bags, then all you have to do is add the wet ingredients, so easy.
- One jumbo muffin tin
- Jumbo muffin paper liners
- 1 3/4 cup of sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 well beaten egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberry's
- Demerara Sugar optional
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl; make well in center. Combine egg, milk, and oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir quickly just till dry ingredients are moistened. Make sure your blueberry's are not wet, then toss them with a little flour ( This will help them to keep them from sinking to the bottom). Line each muffin tin with a paper cupcake liner. Fill each one 2/3 of the way. Can sprinkle the tops with some Demerara Sugar (that some grocery stores have or order online). Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Makes 6 very large muffins or 12 small.
My Blueberry Muffins - This is how they turn out every time
Health Benefits Of Blueberries
Blueberries may not be good just to put in muffins anymore - there are actually many health benefits of blueberries. In fact, according to some researchers with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, they may be helpful in lowering cholesterol levels.
As with many fruits, vegetables, and other organic foods, blueberries contain chemicals called antioxidants that have been linked to lowering cholesterol levels, encouraging heart health, and protecting the body against certain types of cancers. Blueberries contain the phytosterol, pterostilbene, which is similar to resveratrol, another antioxidant found in grapes and red wine.
We like to go pick blueberry's every year, and there are many farms around to go, its fun for the whole family.
So keep cooking and eating them.
Where to pick your own
- Fresh pick farms
Find a farm in your state to pick fresh vegtables or fruits.
Things you will need to cook these
Your views here
Have you tried these?