The Best-loved Banana Bread Recipe
Get to Know the Goodness of Banana Bread
Banana Bread is one of the ultimate favorites and most loved desserts. It is made out of mashed ripe bananas along with flour, butter, baking soda, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk or yogurt. These were always the basic components of banana bread. But the best thing about it is, you can make different varieties of banana bread by adding some twists into its recipe. Some people like a sweeter variety, so they add blueberries and cinnamon into the typical list of ingredients. Some want banana bread to be low fat, so they use buttermilk, or low fat yogurt and applesauce. Many people want it to be healthy, so they add walnuts and pecans, and use whole wheat flour or white flour instead of all-purpose flour. But whatever variety you choose, banana bread when perfectly baked will always turn out to be a moist, tender loaf with sweet aroma and a heavenly delicious flavor. The greatest thing about the flavor of banana bread is it always smoothly and gracefully blend with different types of ingredients.
The Nutrients you get from banana bread
Because bananas are abundant in fiber, vitamin C, potassium and other minerals, making the habit of eating banana bread will lead you to these nutrients. If it contains walnuts and pecans, expect that you will have a superb source of Omega-3 fatty acid which will help us avoid unhealthy cholesterol. Walnuts and pecans also are high in protein, fiber, phosphorus, magnesium and other essential minerals. If you use whole wheat flour or white flour, a good amount of carbohydrates, protein, thiamine, riboflavin and folate could be obtained in banana bread. So better substitute all purpose flour with whole wheat or white flour for a much healthier variety.
Every second you spend in the kitchen making this banana bread is truly worth it. You'll get a dense, nutritious and truly fruity loaf of bread with an irresistible aroma. Filled with dried apricots, nuts and mashed ripe bananas, this bread perfectly complements a warm cup of tea and is great as a sweet nutritious breakfast that your family will love.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup natural granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry unsweetened cocoa
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- well mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce or apple butter
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla nondairy milk
- or as needed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dates or dried apricots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- First off, gather and measure all ingredients accordingly. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a huge mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, unsweetened cocoa and nutmeg. Stir well to combine.
- In the center of the flour mixture, make a shallow hole then toss in bananas, applesauce, oil and milk. Stir thoroughly to make a well-blended, smooth, stiff batter. This time, fold in dried apricots and walnuts and stir well to combine.
- Into your lightly greased loaf pan, gently and evenly pour batter. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until top surface is firm enough and toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Once cool enough to handle, remove bread from oven and place onto wire rack to cool until just warm.
- Slice thinly and serve.
Making the Best-loved Banana bread - Ingredients and Procedures
To make this banana bread, here's what you need: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 3 ripe mashed bananas, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 large beaten eggs, 6 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt and 2 tablespoons applesauce. When you have got all these, start making your banana bread. With the ingredients above, the resulting banana bread would be healthy and delicious at the same time.
Start by buttering a nonstick bread pan. Spread with flour to allow perfect rising of the bread while baking. Mix altogether the dry ingredients in a large bowl- flour, baking soda, walnuts/pecans, sugar and salt. In another mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas with melted butter, beaten eggs, vanilla, applesauce and buttermilk or yogurt. Pour this wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and fold until flour is thoroughly moistened. Pour the resulting bread mixture into the greased bread pan and spread evenly. Finally, Bake in the oven at 350Â°F for 45-50 minutes.
Extra Tips and Twists For Banana Bread
If you want your banana bread to have a sweet and summery flavor, add 1-2 cups of blueberries into the usual banana bread mixture. The resulting bread would be loaded with banana flavor and bursts of fruity blueberries.
For another twist, you can add orange, lemon or lime juice for a nice tangy, sour flavored banana bread. The rest of the ingredients are the same, as well as how you make it. With these twists, you'll be amazed by how banana bread would taste deliciously different.
Do you Love this Banana Bread?
How Hard Is It To Make Banana Bread?
Well - the first time I tried making it it turned out great. And back then I wasn't much of a cook. So just try it, it's easy!