- Food and Cooking
The Best Food Steamer - An Oster of Course!
ALL the Things I LOVE About This Steamer!
Here are some things that I love about this Food Steamer:
- 1. It has 2 steaming tiers (trays) and a rice bowl for steaming; which allows me to separate out and cook foods that have different steaming times all at once.I just place the faster cooking foods in the top tier and when these are done. I can just remove the top tray and lid, put the lid on the bottom tray and allow the food in that tray to continue cooking etc. No mess!
- 2. Besides the detailed manual, there is a very handy cooking chart on the steamer itself which I use as a quick guide for how many minutes different kinds of food should be steamed.
- 3. There is a transparent section in the water reservoir that allows you to see how low the water level is and if you need to put more water. I love this feature because unlike other steamers I don’t have to be constantly opening to gauge the water level or experience the dreaded outcome of my steamer burnt dry because of no water!
- 4. There is a timer!!! I really love this feature because once I set the steam time and put adequate water I can then go about doing other household chores and I will know when my food is finished steaming when I hear the ‘ping’ of the timer.
- 5. Easy refilling of the water reservoir since it is located to the side of the steamer.So you don’t have to open the steamer and get burnt.The worst and most painful kind of kitchen burn is a steam burn!
- 6. SUPERB OUTCOME - Vibrant looking food that maintains its colour and all of its nutritional value!
- 7. Easy Cleanup!!! The material and parts of the steamer make for easy clean up after steaming and easy stacking for your next use.
- 8. DURABILITY!!! These days things just don’t last long and I have had my Oster Food Steamer since 2006, I haven’t replaced a single part and it is in PERFECT working condition. Hats off to Oster!
Steaming Praises for the BEST Food Steamer
My Steaming Love Affair with Oster
I have had this beauty – the Oster Food Steamer – since December 2006 and so my resounding conclusion is that EVERY kitchen, including your own should have an Oster Food Steamer!
Watch and learn a few VERY GOOD reasons why you should start steaming your foods...
Steam Cooking or Steaming For A Healthy Lifestyle
Take Asian style cooking several notches up from boring 'Chinese takeaway'.
Learn great recipes that will 'wow' your family and friends from a REAL French Chef - Jacques Maniere.
Oster 5712 Food Steamer Demonstration
What Foods are you likely to steam most?
Visit the Catholic Contributor for delicious recipes…
great product reviews for everyone, inspirational Catholic & Christian articles and winning gift ideas at http://www.thecatholiccontributor.com