Quick Easy Biscuit Recipes! Just 4 Ingredients!
An easy biscuit recipe
Until recently, biscuits were the one thing I just couldn't get right. Every recipe I tried had at least 10 ingredients and way too many steps. Then my mother-in-law gave me this easy biscuits recipe and Bam! Now I can make biscuits. This recipe contains only four ingredients and has only 7 steps. It couldn't get any easier!
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: 6
- 5 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup crisco or softened butter
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375
- 1. Mix the flour and sugar in a large bowl
- 2. Add crisco and cut in using a pastry blender until crumbly
- 3. Add the milk a little at a time. You might have to add an extra teaspoon or two
- 4. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead, adding flour, for about 30 seconds
- 5. Roll the dough out until it's about 1/2 inch thick
- 6. Cut out biscuits and place them (touching) on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 7. Bake for around 20 minutes, or until golden on top.
Don't they look delicious!
To make cleanup a breeze, lay down a bit of wax paper, cover it with flour and knead the dough on top of it. The wax paper will catch most of the flour and when you're done, you can throw the whole mess away!
Tools of the trade
These are all the utensils you'll need to make these biscuits
You can easily turn these into yummy cinnamon biscuits. Just increase the sugar to 1 cup and add 3 tbsp cinnamon. While they're baking, mix up some glaze. I use powdered sugar, just a drop of vanilla and a little bit of milk. I'm not putting amounts because I've never measured it. I just start with a bowl of sugar, add the vanilla and about a teaspoon of milk. Then I mix it up. If it's not runny enough, I add just a little more milk and mix it again. I keep doing that until it's the consistency I want.
As soon as the biscuits come out of the oven, drizzle the glaze on them. Then set them aside to cool a bit and mix up another batch of glaze. After about 10 minutes, pour the glaze on the biscuits.
What's your favorite biscuit topper?
Photos and text; Â© 2010-2013 Catherine Taylor. All Rights Reserved
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.