The Ultimate Cupcake Recipe Guide
Delicious Little Desserts
Welcome to the Ultimate Cupcake Recipe Guide
Lots of people enjoy making as well as eating some delicious homemade snacks and goodies. Cupcake recipes have been around for a very long time. People all over the world love the flavor sensation of their most favorite types of cup cake. We make them all the time at home or buy them from the store to search as an old fashioned type of comfort food. Many individuals enjoy making these small treats rather than cake recipes for an assortment of holidays and celebrations. Come along and wander around this recipe guide to find out more about these small confectionery treats of days gone by and the modern recipes we enjoy today...
*this is a work in progress*
Where did cupcakes come from? Why are they so small?
Cupcake recipes have been around for a very long time. They were a popular treat when they first showed up all those years ago and they are still very popular today. In fact, at that time they may even be more popular than cake recipes although, you can use cake recipes to make your own homemade cupcakes.
Cupcake history is interesting, just like any other type of food history. Most often, a baker made such treats by using a cup of this and a cup of that until the batter was ready for pouring into small tins for baking. This is one reason why people call them cupcakes.
Long ago, a cup of this and a cup of that is what made up the majority of recipes. The ingredients at that time were simple as well. Some of the first cup-cakes were simple recipes with so few ingredients as flour, sugar, butter and eggs, which by the way can still produce some great tasting snacks and treats.
Another train of thought tells us that cupcakes are called cup cakes because long ago, they were made in small tin cups. Making small cakes did not take up as much time to create and they still tasted great and could satisfy a sweet tooth.
It is interesting that today you can even find recipes for small cakes you can bake in a cup.
This sounds like a really cool idea for the things you will need while you are making and decorating cup cakes.
Cupcake Kits are Most Helpful
Cupcake kits are most helpful since, they contain some things you might need while making your favorite treat. Having one around is quite handy. For instance, this kit includes such items that you will need for baking and decorating.
Imagine having just about everything you may need in some kits, while others include even more. Take the time to see what is available today. Be sure to get the right kit to suit your needs.
Vanilla Cupcake Cook Time
Total Time: 45 - 60 minutes
Serves: 1 1/2 dozen
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Vanilla Cupcake Instructions
- Allow the butter to soften to room temperature by placing it on the kitchen counter about 20 minutes before you are ready to make the batter.
- Grease and flour your muffin tins if you are not using liners. If you are, you can place your liners in the muffin tins. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a medium size mixing bowl, you will sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside until needed.
- Using a large mixing bowl, you will add the softened butter and cream with an electric mixer. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Add the egg and beat well. Add Â½ cup milk and mix well. Add the remaining milk and the vanilla flavoring and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins or liners to about halfway full. Place in preheated oven to bake for about 15 to 18 minutes or until done. You can check to see if they are done by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake and pull it out clean.
Cupcake Frosting Ingredients
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 Tablespoons milk
Cupcake Frosting Instructions
- Allow the butter to soften to room temperature by placing it on the kitchen counter about 20 minutes before you are ready to make you creamy homemade frosting.
- Using a large mixing bowl you will cream together the powdered sugar and softened butter. Stir in the vanilla flavoring and then stir in the milk. Cream together until the mixture becomes smooth.
- You can add various food coloring colors to create colorful frosting if you like. You can also decorate or garnish the frosting by adding sugar sprinkles and other cake decorations.
The humble cupcake that may have first seen the light of day or the heat of the oven by way of a tin cup or teacup has come a long way baby...
Today's cupcake may be found on everyday bakery shelves in just about every superstore in the community as well as being there being elegant and exclusive cupcakes lining the shelves of modern bakeries that feature the sales of some delicious creations.
Cupcake is a term of endearment that you may hear from the lips of just about anyone in any country. They may have started out with humble beginnings, but the World loves a good dessert recipe!
A Rainbow of Sweet Treats
Have you tried using a cupcake maker? I would really like to have one of these little baking tools myself. They are bound to cut down on the heat buildup in a kitchen while baking. That is a big plus around here in the summertime. You can make these sweet treats much more quickly when using them. This saves you time. Cleanup shouldn't be very difficult either. Imagine making and baking these dessert, while saving time and money.
Find some really great deals on cupcake makers and more today, while shopping on eBay!
Protect Your Recipes in a Recipe Binder
Recipe binders are ideal for keeping all your favorite cupcake recipes safe and easy to find. Organize your recipes in a dependable recipe binder or even more than one if you are an enthusiastic recipe collector.
There are some of the most attractive recipe binders that are made especially for cupcake recipes. They will look lovely in any kitchen as well as being useful and practical for keeping recipes organized and within easy reach. Anyone who loves to bake cupcakes will be thrilled over such lovely binders to keep their favorite recipes. This is one of the reasons why they make great gift ideas.
Articles of Interest
- Kids LOVE Cupcakes! Cupcake Decorating Ideas, Cupcak...
Cupcakes are more popular than ever! They are fun to make and better yet, fun to eat. Even brides to be are getting in on the action and are choosing to serve cupcakes rather than traditional wedding cake. There's just something sweet (and fun)...
- Fun Cupcake Recipe: Make Solar System Cupcakes
Kids bored? Make these solar system cupcakes, then jump on the internet and check out all the great interactive space sites!
- White Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Using this recipe, you will be able to make twelve delicious cupcakes in about 40 minutes.
- Grape Jelly Cupcakes - Recipe with Pictures
Grape cupcakes? YES! Why not? Making jelly filled cupcakes isn't as complicated as some of you may think. The calorie and nutrition details are also included. Bon appetit!
- Chai Tea Cupcakes - Recipe with Pictures
Creative cupcakes with exotic spices and a hint of orange. Enjoy this easy recipe with step-by-step mouthwatering photos. Calorie and nutrition info is also included!
- Moist Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
This recipe makes 30 moist, chocolatey cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Learn how easy it is to pipe frosting for picture-perfect cupcakes. Also included: supplies you need to make the most elegant cupcakes you've ever laid eyes on.
- Bake Your Own Fancy Cupcakes!
Cupcakes are the best because they let you have that moment of cake, but on a personal level. Learn to bake your own cupcakes and frost like a champ, no matter what the occasion!
- 50 Ways to Decorate Cupcakes
Cupcakes can be decorated to suit any occasion, any personality. Here are 50 ideas for cupcake decorating for all types of events from weddings to birthdays.
- Fun Cupcake Baking Science Fair Project
Full instructions for Cupcake Baking Science Project which demonstrates the importance of different ingredients.
- Amazing and Creative Cupcake Recipes
Are you looking for creative cupcake recipes that will make your friends ask for more? Look no further--these amazing cupcake recipes will make your cupcakes the highlight of the next dinner party. Whether you like strawberry mint, white chocolate or
- Recipe Collection Including Cupcakes
Some of these recipes are from yellowed papers transcribed from my family recipes. However, there are many other type of recipes included in this collection including recipes for cupcakes and more...