The Many Benefits and Uses of Coffee
PERHAPS, there is nothing more pleasing than taking a sip of your favorite coffee after arriving at your tourist destination. After hours of traveling, a cup of coffee can, almost in an instant, relieve your stress. It is like a magic pill providing energy for various activities while in a resort or a tourist spot. It is also a drink that should always be present at home or in the office.
By just sitting in your favorite coffee shop and sipping the beverage after that seemingly endless day of traveling in a bus, boat or a plane while relishing the very relaxing and stunning view of the beach is definitely heaven on earth. A cup of coffee is all that you need for a wonderful day ahead.
It is said that coffee was introduced as a beverage during the 15th century. It means that this drink has been enjoyed by millions of people through hundreds of years. It only shows that coffee is one beverage we can trust and has been a part of our lives.
Everyone can enjoy coffee - whether rich or poor. It is a beverage savored by people from all walks of life. It is not expensive but definitely not cheap.
Our fascination and use for coffee does not end in a cup. Coffee is used as flavor or an ingredient for ice cream, brownies, blended mocha, Frappuccino, sundae and Tiramisu. It is also useful as kitchen deodorizer, cleaning ingredient and as pest control especially for ants. In the garden, coffee can be utilized as a fertilizer. In fact, new uses for coffee and its leftover are being discovered almost everyday. Indeed, coffee is one very important commodity.
And its good to know that enjoying a cup of coffee has several health benefits according to reliable scientific studies such as –
- Those who drink coffee tends to live longer than persons who do not. This claim alone is more than enough reason to savor that popular drink. But, everything should be taken in moderation.
- There are also studies saying that drinking coffee can help against diabetes, heart and respiratory diseases.
- Research claims that drinking coffee also lowers the risk of having dementia, Alzheimer’s disease including common forms of skin cancer.
- Drinking coffee can make you relax. This is one of the reasons why so many people drink coffee or are converted to become coffee lovers.
- Coffee can get you out of that depressive state.
Studies after studies are coming out that say and affirm the benefits of drinking coffee. But, there are also researches to the contrary. It is sometimes confusing on whether or not coffee is actually good for your health. What is important is that everything including coffee is taken with restraint. Anything excessive is bad for your health.