- Food and Cooking
Living Gluten Free - Recipes, Advice and Tips to Make GF Food Interesting
Giving up Wheat, Barley, Rye or Oats for Medical or Other Reasons Does Not Mean Food Becomes Boring.
This is a growing list of recipes and advice on living a gluten-free life. Furthermore, restaurants offering a good selection of gluten-free menu choices are on the increase so watch this space for info about those restaurants.
Gluten Free Recipes - Food need not be boring - take a look
Tips, hints and recipes for living a gluten-free life. This continuously evolving list will also provide information about restaurants where being gluten-free is not a problem. The number of restaurants offering dedicated GF menus continues to grow so information will be added whenever it comes to hand.
The following recipes can be found on Infobarrel.com
- Gluten-free Cheesecake Suitable for Passover
Delicious recipe for cheesecake that's both gluten-free and suitable for Passover
- Beetroot and Chocolate Cake - Beautiful beetroot - stains your fingers, stains your counters - it's also nutritious and delicious and never more so than when combined with chocolate in a yummy cake.
- Gluten-free Apple and Sultana Turnover. I've been experimenting with spring roll wrappers, also known as rice paper pancakes. These are nearly always gluten-free and make very good crispy pastry. They take very little time to prepare although they are fragile and need careful handling.
- Five Gluten-free Fruit Desserts Infused with Alcohol - Five recipes using fruit and alcohol - great way to end any celebration dinner.
- Fruit-based Desserts - All Gluten Free - Try these fruit-based desserts for a refreshing change.
Gluten-free Cornish-style Pasties - Recipe using Spring Roll Wrappers
Most favourite recipes can be adapted to meet the needs of a gluten-free diet.
This recipe for that great British staple the Cornish Pasty uses gluten-free rice paper pancakes, also known as spring roll wrappers, to form a really light and crispy pastry pocket.
Whether you're gluten free because of a medical condition, or have made the choice to go gluten free please share your experiences here.
Tell us about restaurants with gluten-free menus, gluten-free products and cookbooks, or why not use the guest book to share favourite recipes?
© 2013 Frances Spiegel