- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
Tofu omelette - trung trang dau phu
Nếu bạn là người việt làm ơn kéo xuống dưới theo đường link đến phiên bản tiếng Việt ạ - My Vietnamese version is available on Afamily magazine, scroll down for the link. Thank!
Having homemade tofu every week, we play around with it and tofu omelette is one of the recipes.
3 large eggs
3 oz. tofu, diced or squeeze
1/3-1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1-2 shallot, thinly sliced (optional)
5 toasted peppercorns, freshly ground
1 tsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. milk to soften (optional)
1-2 scallion, green part, sliced long or short
2 tbsp.vegetable oil
- Whisk eggs with all ingredients except onion and shallot.
- Pour oil into a flat bottom pan and heat over medium heat till hot, add shallot and fry till lightly starts browning, add onion and stir quickly till wilt down a bit, pour in the mixture, lightly brown one side then flip and brown the other side. Transfer to serving plate.
- With white rice, fish sauce and other dishes in Vietnamese table.
- As baguette filling with pickle, herbs and drizzle soy sauce& chilli sauce over
- With bread
- Instead of cutting tofu into cubes, you can squeeze it, then follow the same steps to make egg rolls
- Wet the mixing bowl with water then pour it out before mixing will stop egg sticking to the bowl, easy to wash later on.