Top Ten Easy Snacks For Parties & Get-Togethers
Having a Party? Need some ideas for easy snacks that won't take a lot of time to prepare? Whether you're having a party or just a few friends over, these top ten easy snacks served at parties are sure to please your guests and your budget!
1. Buffalo Wings
Buffalo wings are always a favorite party snack, especially at Super Bowl parties where more than 1 billion chicken wings are served on Super Bowl Sunday! To make this a really easy snack option for your get-together, just order chicken wings from your local takeout pizza restaurant or Pizza Hut Wing Street! If you prefer to DIY, try the recipe below for Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Easy Buffalo Wings Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe:
1. Bake 2 pounds of fresh or frozen chicken wings according to package directions, usually about 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees on a baking sheet in the oven. If you prefer you can deep fry your wings if you own a FryDaddy or similar home fryer.
2. Melt a stick of butter and 1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce or your favorite hot sauce in a small pot on the stove until the butter is completely melted.
3. Remove wings from oven and place in a large bowl. Pour the hot sauce and butter mixture over the wings, toss to coat.
Serve buffalo hot wings with celery and blue cheese dip and enjoy!
Blue Cheese Dip
Blue Cheese Dip Recipe Ingredients: 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup crumbled Blue Cheese, Dash of Hot pepper sauce. In a small bowl combine all ingredients and stir well. Serve with your Buffalo Hot Wings and enjoy.
Guacamole is a healthy snack as well as an easy snack to prepare. You can buy prepared guacamole in the refrigerated section of your grocery store or you can easily make your own homemade guacamole.
Fun fact: avocado sales soar to over 70 million pounds on two special party days during the year in the United States? Can you guess what two days they are? Well if you said Super Bowl Sunday and Cinco De Mayo you'd be correct!
If you decide to make your own guacamole a very helpful tool to have is an avocado slicer. An all-in-one avocado slicer splits, pits, and slices avocados. The pitter removes the avocado pit with a safe and easy twisting motion and the slicer removes the fruit from the skin in perfectly even slices.
Pizza is the ultimate easy snack for a get-together! Whether it's an adult get-together or a kids party, there's a pizza for that! Did you know that more pizza is eaten on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day in the United States? More than 8 million slices of pizza!
Order pizza for your party from your local Pizza Hut, Dominoes or pizza parlor. For a kids party just order plain cheese pizza. For an easy snack for an adult get-together try ordering one of Dominoes specialty pizzas or how about a ham and pineapple pizza or try making your own homemade Margherita pizza.
Heroes, subs, hoagies, sliders, BBQ sandwiches, subway sandwiches, club sandwiches, sandwich trays, roast beef sandwiches and other favorites are a quick easy snack and hostess friendly for any party.
A great way to serve a variety of sandwiches is to use crock pots. These crock pot sandwiches are great for a party buffet and a crock pot buffet server with multiple bowls is a great addition to any kitchen.
Yes, fruit trays and fruit displays are a favorite menu item for party goers. It's a healthy alternative snack that's kid friendly too. Offer a variety of fruits such as watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew and grapes and make it special with this easy Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip recipe:
Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip Recipe:
1 - 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
1 - cup of cool whip
1 - small jar of Marshmallow Fluff
Blend all ingredients in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Serve with cut-up fruit and enjoy!
Chili is a very popular party snack! It's easy to make, you can serve it in a crock pot so the guests can help themselves, and you can even make a healthy chili recipe using ground turkey, fresh tomatoes and lots of beans. Wow your guests by serving the chili in homemade tortilla bowls! I recently started making chile with boneless chicken breast as the meat instead of ground turkey or ground beef and our family likes it even better!
Hard pretzels are a great fat-free snack to serve at parties and how much easier can it get for an easy snack option than opening a bag of pretzels and pouring it into a bowl? Stock up on pretzels when they're on sale and you'll have them ready to go for a last-minute get-together, and so many options: sticks, pretzel rods, waffle pretzels, honey-mustard pretzels, peanut butter filled pretzels, and my favorite, this seasoned pretzel recipe.
An easy snack for a party doesn't get any easier than this - Just pop up a big bowl of popcorn throw in some spices and you've got an Instant Party! My favorite way to flavor a bowl of popcorn is to melt some butter and pour it over the popcorn and then sprinkle it with garlic powder and parmesan cheese and toss well...yum! Here are a few more ways to spice up your popcorn for an easy snack for your get-together:
- Ranch Popcorn: In a small saucepan melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add a 1-ounce packet of ranch seasoning mix. Pour over popcorn and toss well.
- Old Bay Crab Popcorn: melt 4 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning in a small saucepan over medium heat; drizzle mixture over popcorn and toss well. Serve and Enjoy!ove
- Buffalo Popcorn: Melt 4 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup Buffalo hot sauce in a saucepan, drizze over popcorn, toss and enjoy!
Another fun way to serve popcorn at a party is to make your own with this easy caramel corn recipe.
Buy a Chocolate Fountain
Instant Wow Factor and an easy way to add some fun to the party is with a Chocolate fountain! You can purchase small chocolate fountains relatively inexpensively at your local Walmart or online at Amazon. Surround the fountain with cut up fruit, angel food cake torn into pieces, pound cake, marshmallows, and bananas that the guests can dip on their own in the chocolate fountain. Don't forget the toothpicks!
Some other suggestions for easy snacks for dessert for your party:
10. Potato Chips
BBQ chips, Sour Cream and Onion chips, Salt & Vinegar chips, Ketchup chips, Kettle Chips, Crab flavored chips, Sweet Maui Onion chips, Baked Potato Chips, Chipotle Ranch chips, Honey Mustard chips, plain potato chips, the choices are endless!
If you are adventurous, you might like to make your own potato chips with this baked potato chip recipe:
Baked Potato Chip Recipe
Make Your Own Potato Chips
- Wash the potatoes and slice into very thin slices. A mandolin is helpful for this step.
- Toss the potato slices in a bowl with vegetable oil, coat the potato slices with the oil.
- Lay the potato slices out on a baking sheet covered in foil and sprayed with vegetable spray. Separate the slices so they are not touching each other.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges curl and desired crispness and golden color is attained.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt or your favorite seasonings. Allow to cool before serving.