Simple Mutton Fry
- 4 tablespoons gingelly oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 25 Shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 20 round red chillies
- 1/2 kilogram mutton
- 2 tablespoons garlic, paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic, paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 cup curry leaves
Here I am going to share one of the easiest and mouthwatering recipes of ancient Tamil people...
Step 1) In a pressure cooker add the mutton pieces, some salt, and Turmeric. Then add some water, not too much just to cover the mutton pieces. Cook for 4-5 whistles on medium heat or until the meat is soft and tender.
Step 2) Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard and once it splutters add round red chilies, shallots, curry leaves and saute it for a couple of minutes.
step 3)Once the onions turn translucent add garlic paste and turmeric powder, salt and turn the heat down to low and allow to simmer and cook until oil gets separated then add the mutton with its stock.
Step 4) Once the gravy has thickened add pepper powder and saute for a minute.
Step 5)Finally add chopped coriander leaves on top of it and serve with hot rice.
- You can add Cinnamon bark and Fennel seeds along with Mustard if you want the flavor of spices.
- You can grind the Shallots into a paste along with garlic.