Tropical Fruit Oatmeal Squares
I was blessed with my cooking and baking skills from my mother as well as her artist traits in modifying recipes. I enjoy taking good recipes and hopefully they turn out better or unique. I've learned over the years you sometimes have to use what you have in your cupboards. A little of this and a little of that throwing in an old recipe pretty much can create something new all together. This recipe is one of my boyfriends (Todd) favorites because I experiment with baking and this was one of those experiments. Todd expresses to me quite a bit his delight in my cooking and I hope you'll like what I share here!
Prep Time: 20
Total Time: 12-15 baking depending on your oven
Serves: Makes 3 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup tropical trail mix
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, Cardamom and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Mix in the quick oats and tropical trail mix.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls into un-greased square baking pan.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Unlimited uses in all kinds of baking!
Trusted brand through family tested baking traditions. Pantry is never without.
This pan has come in handy for many used other than just brownies.