Turkey Bacon Salsa Omelet
Turkey Bacon Salsa Omelet ~
Normally I buy regular pork bacon as I am accustom to it. I grew up on it... so naturally I would get it at the store. However, I'm trying to make a point to be more health conscious in my eating. Thusly, I decided the last time I was in the store I'd try something different like the Turkey bacon.
I'm really glad I did. I found I do like it and prefer the overall taste of it. With the added benefits for my well being I'll be glad to add this to my diet. Plus, my grandchildren really like it and it's what their Mom cooks for them. I appreciate she is making healthy choices and passing them to her children,. In a way she's also passed it along to me unconsciously and I'm glad for that.
Here is my latest breakfast recipe. Real simple, quick and wholesome. When cooking the omelet I left the bacon evenly space in the bottom. I then poured the eggs over the bacon. This created a full bodied omelet and each bite had equal taste of the egg and bacon.
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: 1-2
- 4 -6 Slices Turkey Bacon
- 3 -whole Eggs
- 1/2 -tsp No-Salt Seasoning
- 1/2 c Shredded Cheese (your choice)
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Parsley for garnish
- In a non-stick frying pan cook bacon thoroughly
- This bacon does not need draining as it doesn't produce much grease
- Turn heat down to low (Lo-2)
- Beat Eggs and add the non-salt seasoning
- Mix eggs until you have a nice light foam on top
- Pour eggs over evenly spaced bacon
- Cooked for about 5 minutes on a very low heat (Lo-2)
- Set timer for 5 minutes, after five minutes add enough shredded cheese on top of eggs, evenly
- Cover for about 6 minutes
- Eggs should look slightly glossy and firm,
- Gently fold eggs onto itself and add a little more shredded cheese
- Cover for another 3-5 minutes to melt cheese
- ~ Plate Presentation/Preparation ~
- Place shredded lettuce on one side a portion of shredded lettuce
- Slide omelet onto plate
- Pour desired amount of Salsa on top of omelet
- Place a dollop of sour cream over salsa
- Garnish with Parsley
Love my non-stick frying pan. Makes omelets slide out nicely.
Turkey Bacon, better than I thought it would be. Not gritty or flavorless.