Turkey Pies- A Great Way To Use Leftovers
Little Turkey Pies make the day after Thanksgiving another awesome food day! Make sure you have a large enough turkey to have leftovers for making these special treats. I have included the basic recipe which is very delicious by itself, but the nice part is that you can also add leftover veggies and seasonings to the mix to change the flavors. For instance, add sauerkraut and you have the makings of a turkey reuben. Add corn and chili powder for a tex-mex pie. Have fun by dividing the filling and adding something different to each pie. If you don't like cranberry sauce you can leave that out and add something else. Anything goes when making Turkey Pies and the pie crust can be any cut in any size or shape you want it to be.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups any shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack)
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce or dried cranberries
- Remove pie crust from box, and let come to room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, scallions, cheese and turkey. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut each one into 3 shapes, making 6 total.
- Place about a 1/4 cup of filling on one side of each crust.
- Dot with cranberry sauce.
- Fold crust over filling and crimp edges.
- Place pies on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until nicely browned.
A nice variety of recipes for all of your turkey leftovers.
Learn how to make use of the entire chicken or turkey with this collection of recipes.