- Food and Cooking
Ultimate Party Cheeseball
The Ultimate Party Cheeseball can be made for any occasion: New Year's Eve, Super Bowl, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and any family and friend gathering. This appetizer is my most requested dish for any get-together, and there are never any leftovers.
This year for our family Christmas, I did the unthinkable: I didn't make my cheeseball. I am still hearing about it from my brothers-in-law. They are even harassing me on Facebook. It is all good-natured, but I have learned my lesson.
The wonderful thing about this cheeseball is that you can alter it to your taste by adding or removing ingredients. I promise, you will be the hit of the party with this cheeseball.
Don't forget to add your favorite crackers. We love Triscuits and Wheat Thins because they are great scooping and dipping crackers.
Ultimate Party Cheeseball
- 2 8 oz pkgs Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Accent
- 1/2 Chopped Medium Sweet Onion (or to taste)
- Sliced Green Olives to taste
- Sliced Black Olives to taste
- Diced Thin Sliced Honey Ham to taste
- English Walnuts or Pecans (enough to cover)
My Favorite Cuisinart Ceramic Knives
I absolutely love these Cuisinart knives. I like a small knife to cut up an onion. I also like the thicker, curved knife to chop on a cutting board.
Ideas for Alternative Ingredients:
Make your cheeseball with your favorite flavor delights. I have tried all of these for variety and have had great success. Have fun and mix it up. Take two or three different varieties of cheeseballs.
- Chopped Chives
- Chopped Jalapeno
- Small Can Drained Green Chilies
- Pkg Dried Ranch Dressing
- Pkg Dried Onion Soup
- Pkg Dried Vegetable Soup
- Shredded Cheese (any variety or a mix)
Cuisinart knives are ceramic and do not need to be sharpened. Best knives I have ever used in the kitchen. I love the protective cover. I simply wash and dry them immediately after using then slide them back into their covers,
- Place cream cheese on counter for approximately and hour to soften
- Use a rounded medium mixing bowl
- Place one pkg of cream cheese in bowl and press with fork so ingredients will mix easily
- Chop onion and add to cream cheese - fold in with fork
- Chop or use pre-sliced black and/or green olives - fold in with fork
- Dice sliced meat and fold in with fork
- Sprinkle half tsp of Accent over mixture
- Place second package of cream cheese on top of mixture
- Sprinkle rest of tsp of Accent over top of cream cheese and start folding into mixture
- Once mixture is thoroughly combined, press into the rounded bottom of bowl
- Slide fork around the side of the cheeseball mixture
- Take the serving plate and place on top of bowl and flip over (When on the go, I prefer a disposable plastic plate)
- The rounded cheeseball should fall to the center of plate, use fork to do further shaping
- Take wax paper and smash it down to create a larger surface to make dipping easier
- Place nuts over the top of the cheeseball
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator - it is better when it is allowed to sit a few hours to absorb all the flavors
I eventually want the complete set because the Cuisinart knives I have are my favorites and my husband's favorites. We race to get to them first when cooking together. He likes larger knives, so I am going to have to get the whole set.