- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Dave's Ultimate Cheeseburgers Recipe
Jalapeno peppers and shredded Monterey Jack cheese add a nice touch to this wonderful cheeseburger recipe which was shared with me by my good friend Dave Cald.
Prep: 20 minutes
Chill: 1 hour
Grill: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 cheeseburgers
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 4 large hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine the jalapeno peppers, onion, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the ground beef, and mix well.
- Form the ground beef mixture into 6 evenly sized 3/4" thick patties. Lay the burger patties on a tray; cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- When using a charcoal grill, place the patties on the rack directly over medium hot coals. Keep the grill uncovered and grill the burgers for about 8 minutes; flip them and continue grilling for another 6 to 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. During the final minute of grilling, sprinkle the shredded Monterey Jack cheese on top of the burgers. When using a propane grill, preheat your grill then reduce the heat to medium. Place the burgers on the rack, close the cover, and grill as instructed above.
- Serve the burgers on split and toasted buns with an assortment of condiments such as lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc. as desired. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 cheeseburger|
|Calories from Fat||252|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 28 g||43%|
|Saturated fat 11 g||55%|
|Unsaturated fat 17 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 36 g||72%|
|Cholesterol 110 mg||37%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
If you found Dave Cald's Ultimate Cheeseburger Recipe to be simply delicious, please scroll back up to give it a 5-star rating!