- Food and Cooking
Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes
Deliciously Decadent Desserts are an Essential Part of any Valentine's Day Meal for Two
A romantic meal for two forms a big part of Valentine's Day celebrations for many couples. Often, a meal will be booked at an expensive restaurant to mark this special occasion but where a meal is to be cooked and enjoyed in the more intimate surroundings of home, good dessert recipes are a major requirement. This page will look at several dessert recipe suggestions in the run up to Valentine's Day and hopefully provide some appealing ideas, just like this Strawberry Fool.
Perhaps not Surprisingly, All the Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes Featured on this Page will be in the Quantities Required for Serving Two People
Cranachan is a Scottish dessert, comprised principally of fresh raspberries, cream and single malt whisky.
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Yields: Two
- 20 fresh raspberries
- 4 fl oz whipping cream
- 2 tbsp single malt whisky
- 2 tsp medium grain oatmeal
- 2 tsp liquid honey
- The raspberries should be added to a small bowl and the whisky poured over them before the bowl is covered with clingfilm and placed in the refrigerator for one hour. It is not essential to steep the raspberries in this way and the Cranachan can simply be prepared immediately but this technique makes for greater flavour infusion.
- When the hour is almost up, the cream should be whipped in a bowl until it just forms soft peaks. Do not over whip it. The oatmeal should be placed in a dry frying pan and gently taosted for a couplr of minutes.
- The raspberries and whisky should be divided evenly between two small serving bowls. A teaspoon of honey should be drizzled overeach portion. The cream should be added immediately prior to service and the oatmeal scattered over the top.
Dessert Recipes Galore - A fabulous variety of tasty and indulgent dessert recipes
Stewed Apples with Mincemeat and Rum
Mincemeat is for some reason usually only associated with Christmas and eaten in the form of minemeat pies. This recipes proves, however, that mincemeat can be used in desserts very effectively at any time of year, particularly on Valentine's Day.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 1 hour 50 min
- Ready in: 2 hours
- Yields: Two
- 2 Bramley apples
- 2 tsp sugar
- Wedge of fresh or frozen lemon
- 2 tbsp mincemeat
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 4 fl oz whipping cream
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
- The apples should be cored, peeled and chopped. They should then be put in to a large pot with a couple of tablespoons of water, the sugar and the piece of lemon. The juice of quarter of a lemon is equally acceptable but keeping lemon wedges in your deep freeze is very economical and prevents waste. The lemon wedge can merely be discarded when the apples are cooked. The pot should be put on to a high heat until the liquid begins to simmer, at which time the heat should be reduced and the simmer maintained until the apples are softened and beginning to break down. The time that this takes will vary but will usually be about eight to ten minutes. The heat should then be turned off, the pot covered and the apples left to cool.
- When the apples are cool, they should be spooned in to two serving dishes and refrigerated. The mincemeat and the rum should be added to a pot and heated until the liquid starts to simmer and the mincemeat begins to melt in to the rum. After what should only need to be a couple of minutes simmering, the pot can be removed from the heat, covered and the mincemeat left to cool. It can then be spooned over the apples and the dishes returned to the refrigerator.
- The cream can either be whipped up and spooned on top prior to starting your meal, or immediately before serving. The little sprig of mint on the top provides a final, attractive garnish.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes Around the Web - Click on any link for details
- Apple and Blueberry Pie - A Taste of Summer
Summer desserts are very often about ice cream and similar frozen dishes, coveted in order to cool us down in warm temperatures. They are also, however, about celebrating fresh, seasonal fruits of Summer, a...
- Chocolate Love Cake with Cherries and Booze
This is a great cake to make for that special person in your life – it’s not too difficult and totally delicious!
- Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate Truffles are bite-sized round petit fours that are made from a mixture of dark chocolate and cream (ganache) to which various flavorings can be added.
- Meringue Hearts
These beautiful Meringue Hearts take individual heart-shaped meringues and covers them with strawberry cream and fresh berries.
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies Topped with Crunchy Pecans
Sprinkled with chocolate chips and crunchy pecans, these brilliant bars of chocolate and caramel pair perfectly with the holidays.