Valentine's Day Menu
A Romantic Meal For Two!
Planning a romantic meal for two on Valentine's Day? How about some menu ideas to get you started? A home cooked meal is a very loving and romantic gesture that will be sure to wow your partner. This lens will cover a tasty and romantic meal for two from start to finish so you can start the night off right!
Hawaiian Coconut Shrimp
Ingredients For Shrimp:
1 1/2 lbs of large shrimp
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup self rising flour
3 tablespoons of club soda
Ingredients For Sauce:
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of cream style horseradish sauce
1) Start preparing the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
2) Start preparing the shrimp by peeling and deveining your shrimp. Rinse and drain shrimp.
3) In a small bowl, add your all-purpose flour. Set aside.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of self rising flour with club soda to form your batter.
5) In a 3rd bowl, add your coconut.
6) One by one take your shrimp and dip in the flour, then the batter, and lastly the coconut.
7) Now you can deep fry several shrimp at a time in hot oil for 1-2 minutes until the coconut has turned a light brown.
8) Place shrimp onto a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
9) When completed, mix your sauce ingredients together to form a rich honey style mustard for dipping. Enjoy!
Photo Credit: iFood.tv
Kiss On The Lips
1 1/2 ounces of Peach Schnapps
6 ounces frozen mango mix
1 tablespoon Grenadine syrup
1) Blend mango mix with crush ice first in a blender.
2) Add in your Peach Schnapps. Give a quick blend all together.
3) Place a tablespoon of Grenadine at the bottom of your glass.
4) Add your blended mixture on top, filling glass. Enjoy!
Photo Credit: aislinnevents.com
Cajun Chicken Pasta
4 oz. of linguine (cook al dente)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
1 sliced green onion
2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) In a bowl, toss and coat your strips of chicken in your Cajun seasoning.
2) Over medium heat, sauté your chicken in a skillet with your butter until the chicken is cooked and tender. Takes roughly 5-7 minutes.
3) Next, reduce your heat and add your chopped green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat thoroughly.
4) Pour sauce over cooked linguine and top off with some Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
* This would be great with a side salad and loaf of warm french bread! *
Photo Credit: SkinnyKitchen.com
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Ingredients For Cake:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 oz. water
2 oz. red food coloring
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients For Frosting:
8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcakes with liners or go ahead and grease your cupcake pan.
2) Cream your butter and sugar until it fluffy.
3) Next, add your eggs and blend well.
4) Mix your cocoa powder and food coloring until it becomes a paste. Add to your butter mixture.
5) Add your buttermilk into your mixture and mix well.
6) Add your vanilla and water into your mixture and mix well.
7) Next, in a small bowel combine your vinegar and baking soda. Fold this mixture into your cake batter.
8) Pour batter into your cupcake pan cups and then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
9) Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
10) For the cream cheese frosting, blend your frosting ingredients together until smooth. Frost your cupcakes and voila, you are done!
Photo Credit: PinchMySalt.com