Cookies, Cakes and Desserts Italian Style
Who said "It has to be a Holiday" to enjoy and share these fine Dessert Recipes. Make everyday a Holiday and special treat for your family. Here your going to learn how simple it is to make these special sweets. Surprise family and friends. Make a tray and share a gift for all to enjoy!
Almond Crescent Cookies
6 cups flour
1 1/2 lbs. butter
1 1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup sugar
3 teasp. vanilla
3 tblsp. water
1 teasp. almond flavoring
Mix all ingredients in lg bowl...shape into crescents..Bake @ 350...10-12 min. should not be brown.....let cool...roll in 10x sugar....or cinnamon sugar (which my kids love)...Christmas time add food coloring...make some red or green.....you also can use chopped almonds, chopped walnuts
Great Stuff on Amazon
Italian Knot Cookies
4 cups sifted all purpose flour
4 tsp. baking powder
2 sticks margarine softened (not melted)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix flour and baking powder in bowl set aside
With mixer blend margarine and sugar, once mixed add eggs one at a time blending after each egg, add vanilla, mix, then gradually add flour mixture blending until dough forms.
Either shape dough into knot shape or drop by rounded Tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 mins or until golden on bottom.
Let cool before icing.
Mix together 1/2 cup powder sugar and 3 Tbsp. milk..icing should be thick.
Brush icing onto cooled cookies and sprinkle with colored Nonpareil's.
Coconut Snow Drops
2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c milk
1 c coconut
1 c butter (softened)--2 sticks
1 tb vanilla
Preheat oven 350. Combine all ingredients. Beat at low speed scraping sides of bowl. Drop by rounded tsp. "2" apart onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until edges are lightly brown. Cool and sprinkle with confectionary sugar
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
MACAROON COOKIE BARS
Base: 1 box Devil's food cake mix
1/3 cup margarine ..softened
Topping: 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/.4 c. coconut
1 c. chopped nuts
heat oven 350...Grease 9x13 in. pan....Combine BASE ingredients...Mix at high speed until crumbly. Press firmly into bottom of prepared pan...In sm. bowl beat milk, vanilla, & egg. Stir in 1 c. coconut and nuts. Pour over BASE in pan. Spread to cover..Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c. coconut over top. Bake 30-40 min. Center may appear loose, but will set upon cooling. Allow to completely cool before cutting into bars...should make 36 bars
5 apple - peeled, cored and sliced
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
4 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) lightly grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 15 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer. Add oil and blend in.
4. Add four mixture and mix well. Add vanilla. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour batter into 9x13 inch pan.
5. In a small bowl, mix 4 teaspoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over cake.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean
LEMON CHEESE BARS
1 box pudding recipe yellow cake mix
1/3 cup oil
8 oz. creme cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
Mix cake mix, 1 egg & oil until crumbly...Reserve 1 cup, Pat remaining mixture lightly in an ungreased 13 x 9 in. pan...Bake 15 min. @ 350.....Beat cheese , sugar, lemon juice & 1 egg until light & smooth....Spread over baked layer...sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture...Bake 15 min. longer...Cool....cut into bars
2 cups margarine
4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the margarine and cream cheese until well blended. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Roll into small balls, and press into the bottoms and sides of tart pans or mini muffin pans.
3. In another bowl, mix together the eggs, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the pecans. Use a spoon to fill each of the crusts 2/3 full with the filling mixture.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, until shell is light brown, and the filling has puffed up
Sour Cream Cookies
Very quick and easy family favorite!
3 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 sticks of butter room temp
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
8 oz sour cream
Mix well and refrigerate for a hour
Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheets
bake 325 for 15 minutes
Tsp of vanilla or almond extract a little water w/conf sugar sprinkles if desired