- Food and Cooking
Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
Moist and Delicious Vegan Banana Nut Recipe
This vegan recipe is one that is not only moist and delicious, its also healthy! These can be enjoyed any time without guilt, so go ahead, whip up a batch for yourself! You can also experiment with this recipe by adding extra fruits for an even healthier jam packed treat. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups of unbleached white flour
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups of pureed bananas
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of cloves
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
1 1/3 cup of soy milk + 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/4 cup of softened veggie spread
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Oil your muffin pan.
2) Chop up your walnuts. Measure them out.
3) Blend your banana and soy milk + lemon juice mixture.
4) Pour the remaining wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix lightly.
5) Combine with the banana mixture, stir well, and spoon the mix into your muffin cups.
6) Bake for 25 minutes or until firm.
7) Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve and enjoy!