- Food and Cooking
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
Delicious Butternut Squash Soup - Comfort Food At Its Best
Fall brings beautiful cooler days, and splashes of color everywhere. And what better way to celebrate this time of the year with some equally colorful soup? This butternut squash soup will not only warm you up on those chilly days, but it's a breeze to make and it's absolutely delicious.
Use the abundance of fall to create this delicious comfort food your family will enjoy time and again.
- 1 Medium onion
- 3 Tablespoons of oil
- 1 Butternut squash
- 2 small potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Sprinke of black pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- Start by sauteing your onion until translucent (about 10 minutes).
- While the onion is cooking, prepare your butternut squash and potatoes (peel and cube them).
- Add the squash and potatoes to the onions, cover with water (about 1" above the ingredients) and cook for about 20 minutes. Puree everything in the blender for 30 sec to a minute, return to the pot, add the spices and bring to a boil for another minute.
- Garnish with some chives, and even some roasted pumpkin seeds if you wish.
Butternut Squash Soup Variations
Have fun with your soup
Don't limit yourself to one recipe: experiment by adding things you love. Here are some examples I tried:
- add a few cloves of garlic for a little more zing
- roast the butternut instead of boiling it
- add celery cubes for a little bit of a crunch
- add some cinnamon
It's your turn to use your imagination.
How to Make Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Get The Perfect Set of Soup Bowls - eBay has lots of variety at bargain prices
Enhance your experience with a great bowl for your soup. Visually appealing food is much more enticing.
Vegan Soup Cookbooks at Amazon - Delicious soups for your family
Is butternut squash soup part of your fall comfort food? Do you use a special ingredient that makes your soup better? Please share :)