- Food and Cooking
Vegan Grilled Peach Ice Cream
Nothing says Summer quite like firing up the grill or enjoying a nice big bowl of ice cream. My question is, why can't you do both? I love grilled peaches, especially when you bury them under big heaping scoops of ice cream, but I wanted to take even that a step further.
I wanted to make it so the grilled peaches were a part of the ice cream, so I could store it in the freezer and indulge in grilled peaches and ice cream, even on a rainy afternoon. So I decided to put it all together and come up with a fantastic vegan (yes vegan) recipe for a beautiful grilled peach ice cream!
- 2 cans coconut cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 peaches halved and pitted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- With your halved peaches and a basting brush brush on your coconut oil to the insides of your peaches
- Sprinkle with your cinnamon and 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- Grill on the cooler spots on your grill for about 2-3 minutes, until score marks are present and sugar has dissolved.
- Place on a plate in the fridge to cool.
- In a medium pot whisk together your coconut cream, sugar, and vanilla until sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to a low rolling boil.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for 1 hour before placing in ice cream maker.
- Dice your peaches into small cubes.
- Place mixture into your ice cream maker and after about 20 minutes add your peaches.
- Allow to run for 10 more minutes before moving to a container to freeze for an hour before serving.