Vegan Friendly Blueberry Streusel Muffins
This is a deliciously moist muffin with fresh fruit that also happens to be vegan. Blueberry Streusel Muffins are so easy to make that you can whip up a batch in just a few minutes. Have some fun with this recipe and try the basic muffin mix with chopped apples or strawberries too.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add oil. applesauce and soy milk, mixing well.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Divide batter evenly between 8-10 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl combine streusel ingredients.
- Top muffins with streusel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are lightly brown on top