- Food and Cooking
Vegan Chocolate Cookies- Delicious for Everyone
This is one good cookie!
Chocolate cookies are one of those treats that just about everyone loves, and especially me. Wouldn't it be great to have a recipe that is vegan so that everyone can enjoy cookies together? Well, I have just the perfect one here. Vegan Chocolate Cookies are very easy to make with just a few ingredients that you can keep on hand. They taste delicious and are chewy on the inside, yet crisp on the outside. The variations are endless as to what you can add to these cookies. I like adding walnuts (as pictured) which gives them even more crunch, but try adding flavorings, cinnamon or chopped dried fruit.
Serves: Make 2 1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine soy milk, applesauce, sugar and vegetable oil until smooth
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to soy milk mixture and stir just until moistened.
- If mixture is too loose add a bit more flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on a well greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
Reliable non-stick surface for delicate baked goods.