- Food and Cooking
Vegan Friendly Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Vegan Friendly Cinnamon Rice Pudding is so good when warm and right out of the oven. I love the scent of cinnamon that perfumes the kitchen while it is baking. Have fun with this one and try adding different toppings or ingredients. It would be equally delicious with a few vegan chocolate chips, granola or fruits mixed in after baking.
- 1 1/4 cups white or brown rice (uncooked)
- 7 cups almond or soy milk
- 1/3 cup vegan sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Cinnamon for top
- Fresh berries or chopped toasted almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 3 qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir together all ingredients except for topping.
- Pour into prepared pan making sure that rice covers the bottom.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon
- Cover and bake for 2 hours or until the desired consistency.
- Add topping to individual servings.
- Serve warm or refrigerate.