- Food and Cooking
Vegan French Toast
Classic dishes become even better when modified to a particular diet. French toast is one of those dishes that can be made into a vegan delight. The key to this recipe is to use day old or stale bread. The drier the bread, the more flavor will be soaked into the bread.
Serves: 4, two pieces each
- 8 slices day old bread
- 1 cup almond or flavored soy milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbls. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- vegetable oil for frying
- vegan whipped cream (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together milk, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan or griddle.
- Dip bread into milk mixture until well coated on each side.
- Fry several pieces at a time, turning when brown on one side.
- Serve with syrup and fresh fruit.