- Food and Cooking
Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are my "go to" comfort food and somehow I know that I am not alone. Making mashed potatoes sounds like a lot of work but really, it is not. This recipe for Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes proves that it is easy and does not take much time at all. Serve with a tasty vegan mushroom gravy and you can turn this into a main dish.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs. red potatoes
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy milk, warmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice top off of garlic bunch and place on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- Cover with water and boil for about 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and add to a large bowl.
- Mash with olive oil, soy milk, salt and pepper.
- Add more soy milk , if needed.
- Squeeze garlic out of cloves and fold into mashed potatoes.
- Serve with a topping of green onions, if desired.