Vegan Italian Rice and Beans
I like a simple meal with fresh ingredients that is easy to make and especially on the healthy side. This recipe for Vegan Italian Rice and Beans is all of these things plus tasty and delicious. To put a little twist on the recipe, serve it in lettuce wraps with a drizzle of garlic flavored oil.
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Italian parsley
- In a large skillet. heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until soft.
- Add tomato and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for parsley) and cook until heated through.
- Top with Italian parsley for garnish.