Vegan Lemon Bars
Looking at this photo for Vegan Lemon Bars and how delicious they look makes me hungry for even just a morsel. I can taste the tartness of the lemon with the pure sweetness of sugar and that crunchy crust underneath it all. A super yummy recipe for when you want something really good.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick vegan margarine
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup firm tofu
- 1 1/4 cups vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbls. cornstarch
- Powdered sugar for topping
Vote for Vegan Lemon Bars
- In a large mixer bowl, stir together flour and sugar.
- Add margarine and mix until combined.
- Press into the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake crust for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spray sides of pan with cooking spray before adding filling.
- Meanwhile, beat tofu and gradually add in sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for powdered sugar) and mix well.
- Pour over crust and return to oven for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let cool and cut into 12 bars.
- Sift powdered sugar over top.