- Food and Cooking
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Bars
Every now and then you just might want something chewy, gooey and rich which is why I like these tasty bars. Oh, and did someone mention that they are vegan too? It doesn't get much better than that!
Even if you are not vegan it is a nice gesture to have a few vegan recipes on hand for guests. This recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Bars is one of those recipes. It's one that everyone can enjoy, vegan or not.
If you don't have vegan chocolate chips, you can substitute raisins or nuts in their place.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water, add more if too dry
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup vegan chocolate, chopped or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 9 baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
More than 100 recipes for delicious vegan baked goods and desserts.
Easy and quick vegan recipes.
Love cupcakes? Plenty of recipes here for yummy vegan cupcakes.