Cinnamon Snickerdoodles (Vegan)
Thinking about Snickerdoodles makes me want to curl up with a good book, a cup of tea and a plate of these delicious cookies. If you have ever tried regular Snickerdoodles then you will find that this vegan recipe is quite as good without the dairy products.
Easy to make and quick to bake plus they have a nice crunch on the outside, they are chewy on the inside and, oh the cinnamon! Make a batch (or two) to share and enjoy this tasty cookie with someone special..
Serves: Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Quality cookie pans for all types of baking.
- Cookie Dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or canola oil
- 1/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and milk, mixing thoroughly.
- If mixture is too dry, add more milk.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Mix topping ingredients together.
- Dip the bottom of a glass into topping and press into cookie, flattening.
- Sprinkle on more cinnamon/sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly and enjoy.
- Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container.