Stuffed Tomatoes with Couscous
Fresh tomatoes filled with a tasty mixture of couscous and vegetables is the kind of dish that is not only healthy, but delicious. Make these Stuffed Tomatoes with Couscous ahead of time and they will stay fresh in the refrigerator whenever you are ready to enjoy them. These are also good warm if you prefer to pop them into a 375F. oven for about 25 minutes.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked couscous
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- chopped parsley
- Cut tops off tomatoes and scoop out centers, chopping and reserving pulp.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrots, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute until vegetables are soft, remove from heat.
- Add couscous, thyme and reserved tomato pulp to vegetables and mix well.
- Fill tomatoes and top with parsley.