Vegetarian Burgers Recipe
Vegetarian Burgers; and also Restaurants that Serve Them
Looking for a vegetarian burger that you can make at home? This recipe is based on how I used to make meat burgers, but just substituted veggie crumbles and made some adjustments with other ingredients.
I wanted something that was more familiar than using tofu and the like. Hope you like them too.
Image credit for the photo to the author of this page.
My Veggie Burgers recipe
I tried some various frozen and also made from scratch veggie burgers, and so far this is the best. I used the basic ingredients as if I was making a meatloaf and substituted veggie crumbles that I got from the refrigerated section in the grocery store. So this is what I did.
- 1 12 oz package Refrigerated veggie crumbles
- 3 free range eggs
- 6 crackers, crushed
- 1 slice of bread, torn in to pieces
- 1 tsp salt free seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix veggie crumbles and eggs together.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, til mixture is uniform.
- Form measurements of approximately 1/3 cup of the mixture into rounded patties.
- Place patties into a muffin pan. Bake 15 - 20 minutes. There will be browning on top.
- Serve with your favorite buns and condiments.
Do you like this recipe?
I like the burgers baking uniformly.
I use a muffin pan for baking them in. The patties come out nice and round. They also cook more evenly.
Veggie Burgers on YouTube - Squash Burgers
This recipe is for Squash Burgers on the grill. These are made with yellow and zucchini squash, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
Did you know that eggs sold in U.S. stores are not fertilized? So there is no life involved. (After watching Bizarre Foods on TV, I can't say about elsewhere though.)
Vote - Vegetarian burgers in fast food restaurants -
In many fast food restaurants, I'll order a sandwich without the meat. But I think it would be nice to have a vegetarian Burger option at a hamburger place. Or I'd love to be able to order a vege wrap at say Chick Filet without the chicken. How about you?
Would you like a vegetarian burger option and/or a vege wrap to be offered in fast food restaurants?
I became a vegetarian based on moral values.
It didn't happen overnight, but over time. As a kid, my family and I often visited my relatives who lived on farms. One year in particular, I finally made the connection between what the chopping block was for.
That thought stuck with me for a number of years. It wasn't until I became an adult that I decided to make the switch to being a vegetarian; and I'm glad that I did.
My becoming a vegetarian was also a gradual process. The first meat that I gave up was beef, and I had wanted something similar for hamburger patties.
Find out more Vegetarian Info here.
- Vegetarian Day Info
Vegetarian Day is October 1 and Vegetarian Awareness is the month of October. Find out tips on becoming a vegetarian and some cool gifts too.
Did you know...
- Burger King now has a veggie patty that is out.
- McDonalds now has a veggie burger available in locations in Southern CA and some other countries.
- At the beginning of 2015, White Castle's is offering veggie sliders at their 400 locations across the U. S., for a limited time. Apparently it is a trial basis, so let them know if you like them.
Browse cook books with Vegetarian Burger Recipes on amazon.com.