- Food and Cooking
Savory Vegetable Pancakes
A Good Recipe For Vegetable Haters
I love this great little recipe that makes vegetables taste so delicious. I'm sure you know how it is when certain members of your family (especially kids) just do not like vegetables. This recipe for Vegetable Pancakes is sure to change their mind.
A Vegetarian Choice
Packed full of veggies and eggs for protein makes this dish a good choice for vegetarian tastes. It's a tasty dish that everyone can enjoy when entertaining vegetarian guests.
A Variety of Vegetables
Use a variety of vegetables that you may have on hand (or leftovers) for these Vegetable Pancakes. Some good choices are zucchini, onions, bell peppers, celery, carrots and chopped spinach. You can even add your favorite seasonings if you like.
A Food Processor Comes in Handy To Grate The Vegetables
A good food processor will have these pancakes ready in no time!
If you use a juicer for vegetable juice, the remaining pulp is perfect for these savory vegetable pancakes. And there is no waste!
- 4 cups grated vegetables
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbls. milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Squeeze vegetables in between paper towels removing as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl combine vegetables, eggs, bread crumbs and milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Shape vegetable mixture into patties and fry in the oil until browned on each side.