Crockpot Veggie Bacon Breakfast Bake
Great Quick and Delicious Vegetarian Breakfast Recipe for Busy Families
Almost everyone enjoys traditional eggs with bacon. This variation is for those that don't want to spend a lot of time in preparation, cooking or cleanup.
This recipe is for 6-8 healthy portions but to reduce the amount, cut the recipe in half if desired.
If you are an early riser and would like to have breakfast for brunch or my preference, having breakfast for dinner, this is the ideal breakfast recipe for vegetarians, vegans, or anyone who is health-conscious.
This is especially a good recipe for the Summer because you don't need to heat your stove or be in a hot kitchen.
Thanks for the visit and please feel free to leave comments in the Guestbook.
This is a very quick and easy recipe for busy people. I love my crock pot and most don't realize just how useful it is. Someone can make this quickly and with little preparation.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 2 - 3 1/2 Hours (Depending on Heat Setting)
Serves: 6 to 8 Hungry Veggies
- 1 Box Cornbread Stuffing Mix (You can add the seasoning packet if you want but it is not necessary)
- 1 Package of Vegetarian Bacon (I use Morningstar but you can substitute) - Diced
- 2 or 3 Scallion onions chopped up. Use the green stems also!
- 1 1/2 Cups of Tri-Bell Peppers (This is a bag mixture you can find in the frozen grocery section)
- 8 Eggs (For Vegan substitue with Vegan Egg)
- 1/2 Cup Milk (For Vegan substitute with soy or almond milk)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or Monterey Jack) (For Vegan-subsitute with Soy cheese)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic to taste (no more than 1/2- tsp)
- 1) Spray your crock pot insert with a non stick cooking spray
- 2) Put the stuffing in the bottom of the crock pot
- 3) Using a skillet on medium heat, cook the veggie bacon until crispy or use microwave and cook in between paper towels (my preference but don't cook too long or they will burn!)
- 4) Thaw out the peppers if you haven't already. You can thaw these out in a microwave until they are soft but not cooked
- 5) Beat eggs and milk in a medium bowl and stir in the peppers, scallions, cheese, salt, black pepper and garlic
- 6) Add all ingredients to the crock pot, including the diced veggie bacon over the stuffing mixture
- 7) Cook on low for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Ensure that the eggs are firm but still moist.
- 8) Adjust seasoning until you get the taste you desire.
The Step by Step Recipe Process of the Crockpot Veggie Bacon Breakfast BakeClick thumbnail to view full-size
The Final Dish - Yes, it is Delicious!
The Best Meal of the Day
What is your favorite meal of the day and why? Please add your comments in the comment section
The Best Cooking Appliance You Will Ever Own - On sale for less than $20!
The Crock Pot. I used to have one of these when I went to college. I could put the items in it and leave it until I returned from school. The house would smell beautifully by the time I got home.
Once or twice, I forgot to turn it on, however, and ended up with a burger from McDonald's.
This is a great and healthy gift for anyone who is single and should be the first appliance in their apartment. It doesn't matter whether they can cook or not, you can throw things in here and by the time it is done, it always turns out good.
If you are a bachelor and want to impress your date with a home-cooked meal, this is the way to do it. You can't go wrong!
Vegetarian Breakfast Poll
Have you ever eaten a vegetarian breakfast?
Best Quick Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes - Only $2.99 - Free to Borrow on Kindle!
If you hate to cook or like quick recipes, this is the book to get. It doesn't matter whether you are a Vegetarian, Vegan or just someone who loves healthy foods, you will love these recipes.
Occasionally, Amazon gives this away for Kindle use as a loan. Check back often to get a great deal. If you don't want to wait, you can get it for $2.99. You can't beat that with an egg!