Why Do People Become Vegetarians
Why Become a Vegetarian
Know about a real life personal story on How to Become a Vegetarian? Know about what mental or psychological preparations I took to become an ethical vegan. I hope from my story you can learn how you can become a vegetarian too. I will also write about vegetarian meals, diets, food and recipes. Besides vegetarian food and eating, I will also tell you on how to lead a total vegetarian life even in this modern world. I will tell you what are the benefits of being a vegetarian and how a vegan diet helps our body and mind. A vegetarian individual not only helps himself / herself physically or spiritually, he also effects the global food chain and economy in a positive way.
Why Should I become a Vegetarian?
Advantages and Benefits of Becoming a Vegetarian
Stop Animal Cruelty: Animals like chicken, turkey, cow and pigs are treated mercilessly in the slaughterhouses for human consumption. As a good and kind human-being why should you make them suffer for your luxury, comfort or fun?
Low Risk of Heart Attack: Animal fats specially that of cow, pigs and goats contain very high amount of saturated fat. These fats get deposited in our arteries and veins. Thus, it increases the risk of heart attack. Eating meat also leads to obesity.
Lose Weight: Since being vegetarian cuts off animal fat, being a vegetarian helps to lose weight.
Easy Digestion: Plant based diets like fruits and vegetables are easy to digest for human beings than meat or animal based diets. That's the reason why people get problems to digest meat in their old age. Also since vegetarian diets get easily digested, they are more easily absorbed in human body.
So these were the main advantages and benefits of becoming a vegetarian. In fact by becoming a vegan, you are helping yourself to have a good health, you are saying No to animal cruelty and you are doing a lot of good to the global economy and environment.
How I Started My Vegan Journey?
I was a non-vegetarian myself. Then one day I came to know about animal rights and animal cruelty while I was surfing online. Very quickly I came to know about factory farming and all cruel practices of slaughterhouses. I also read about animal tests in various laboratories and organizations.
From that day I started thinking about how I can bring a change to these practices. At very first, I thought of adopting vegan eating habits. I thought of it for a couple of days that whether should I become a vegan or not. Then slowly I started not to eat chicken and mutton dishes. So this is the way I started my vegan journey.
Ways to Keep Following Vegan Lifestyle in the Initial Stages
In the initial stages .i.e when I started not to eat meat, it was quite tough for me to stick to this rule. I always got lured towards those wonderful yummy chicken or turkey recipes shown in magazines, television, websites etc.
So not to get attracted by them, I started avoiding those websites where they had yummy non-veg recipes. I stopped reading those magazines too where they had wonderful colorful pictures of non vegetarian food. I stopped watching those recipe making television programs.
In addition to it, I started looking for yummy vegan recipes, both online and offline. I started purchasing magazines for tasty vegetarian recipes. I started cooking them.
I started bookmarking those websites which had colorful pictures of vegan foods. Very quickly I bookmarked lots of vegan recipe making websites.
Tips to Enjoy Your Vegetarian Life
How to Maintain the Vegetarian Lifestyle and Stick with it
1. Often try new vegetarian recipes at your home. There are lot of websites where you can get delicious and tasty vegetarian recipes. There are lot of kindle and normal books also for recipes. Cook vegetarian dishes or cuisines for yourself and your family.
2. Think about chicken or meat alternative ingredients in your diet. For example instead of using chicken pieces in sandwich, I use cauliflowers, peas, beans and other vegetables and the vegetable sandwich really tastes yummy :)
3. If somebody says you that plant based diets don't give you enough protein then they are completely wrong. Pulses, soy protein, grains, beans, nuts and green vegetables are all rich in proteins.
Meatless Chicken - Best Meatless Chicken - Personally used and handpicked by me
If you are planning or trying to become a vegetarian but finding it hard to become so, this meatless chicken dish is for you. I have personally used it and some other as well but this product is my favorite.
1. It contains soybean protein... so I can still get protein from this food even after becoming a vegetarian.
2. It is pre-seasoned and pre-cooked. So no extra cooking headache.
3. Just add salt, pepper and little tomato sauce.
4. The piece already has spices and oil coatings.
5. Gluten free, Diary free, Sugar free, egg free.
6. Easy to cook or prepare.
7. After its cooked, it looks like real chicken.
8. Can be served with rice.
Meatless Chicken - Personally Handpicked by me
1. Can be used to make curries or gravies.
2. Can be used to make soups.... Yummy chicken soups without chicken...sounds good?
3. I consume normal sugar and salt in my food. I don't suffer from diabetes or blood pressure problems. So this broth is fine but if you have blood pressure problems then check its nutrient value.
1. Made with soy protein and oat flour.
2. Contains gluten.
3. Low fat, high protein diet.
5. Meatless chicken
6. Cholesterol free
Vegetarian Recipe Cookbook - Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters
I purchased this book right from Amazon because it is affordable, has high positive review and contains 150 recipes. And I am happy that I purchased it. All its bread, dal and curry recipes are already cooked and enjoyed.
1. 150 recipes.
2. Easy recipes.
3. Easy to understand and quick to cook.
Vegetarian Burger - Personally Handpicked Vegetarian Burger(s) for Your Help
1. Low Fat Veg Burger
2. High protein content.
3. Can be thought of as meatless hamburger.
4. Contains gluten and soy protein.
5. Easy to prepare.
6. Cholesterol free
7. Great texture and flavor.
8. Can be used any vegetarian food.
9. Use onion, pepper, garlic, tomato sauce to spice it up.
10. Free shipping.
1. Low fat content. High in fiber and protein.
2. Contains gluten and soy protein.
3. Great texture and flavor.
4. Low sodium.
5. Tastes healthy.
How to Start Becoming a Vegetarian
Planning Procedure on How to Become a Vegetarian
Now since you have a general idea of why you should become a vegetarian, what are the food or diet options available to you after you become a vegan, from where you can purchase those vegetarian meatless recipes and other vegetarian lifestyle information, lets really start to lead a vegetarian life.
1. Motivation: To become a vegetarian from a non-veg life is not easy. You need reason(s) and motivation for getting transferred from one lifestyle to another. I have already listed the reasons above in the module "Why Should I become a Vegetarian?" I have also listed how I kept motivated myself in "How I Started My Vegan Journey?" module. I was very disturbed when I came to know about the slaughterhouses and factory farming procedure. This was the major reason for me to become a vegan.
2. Take your time: I didn't became a vegan overnight. I thought about it and tried it for few months.
3. Collect recipes: I started collecting vegetarian recipes. I started knowing about vegetarian meat free alternatives. I started to find food like meatless chicken recipes or diet, vegetarian meatballs, chicken flavored soup recipe etc.
4. Make a great yummy vegetarian recipe on your day of grand beginning. Prepare min. 2 or 3 such awesome vegetarian dishes and make that day special. Say to yourself that from today I won't make any animal suffer for my luxury or comfort.
5. Start a new life. A life of health, peace, happiness and pride. PROUD TO BE A VEGAN.
Are You Finding it Tough to Become a Vegan
Skeptical to become a Vegan? - Follow This 4 Tips
1. If you eat non-vegetarian diets everyday then try to eat vegan diet once a week. So for example, suppose in Wednesday whole day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) you will eat vegetarian diet.
2. If you eat non-vegetarian diets everyday and on both lunch and dinner then try to eat vegan diet only in lunch or only in dinner and that also for one day of a week. So for example, suppose in Wednesday dinner you will eat vegetarian diet. I think this point is more easier than the 1st point.
3. Follow point 1 or point 2 as long as you wish. Then, make it to follow a vegetarian day, twice a week. So for example, start following point 2 on Wednesday and Saturday.
4. If you are finding to follow a vegan day every week, then try to follow a vegan day at least a month. So for example, on the 15th of every month you will eat vegan diet.
SORRY! Becoming Vegetarian is not my cup of tea
So you are finding it hard to follow the above 4 rules tips to follow. No worries :) We can still help the poor animal in other way. We can help them by using products like clothes, shoes, belts, jackets etc. that are not made from animal skin or animal fur.
By the way, Did you tried one of those meat free burger recipes mentioned above?
Faux Fur Blanket - Beautiful Faux Fur Blanket
Why buy fur products when we can get Faux fur products which looks exactly same like original fur made products?
Some FAQ's About Vegetarian Lifestyle
Questions About Vegetarian Food, Diet, Recipes and Vegetarian Lifestyle
Q) What is the difference between vegan and vegetarian?
A person or an individual who does not eat or use animal products is defined as a vegan and a person who does not eat meat, and sometimes other animal products, especially for moral, religious, or health reasons is termed as a vegetarian.
So basically there is no difference in those two terms. Vegetarian is the plural version of vegan.
Q) What is a vegetarian?
Vegetarian is any thing (any individual person or establishment like restaurants or goods and substances like recipe) that don't use any animal meat.