Vegetarian fruit tart recipe
A little bit of where fruit tart came from
The birthplace of tart is Linz, in Austria. Originally it was a dough with raspberry jam and icing. My version removes fat, but preserves flavors. Although the traditional filling is raspberry, you can use peaches, strawberries, or any fruit you feel like having, you can even choose exotic fruit cocktail. Mmmm, delicious!
When your time is short, you can buy tart shells and fill them at home
If you have to go to work and time won't let you do the tart from top to bottom, why not try to buy tart shells, even sweetened, and just prepare the filling at home. It will save you so much precious time. And guaranteed the tart will be ready just in time for dinner.
Which fruits do you like for your tarts?
Tell me your favorite fruits for tarts
The vegetarian fruit tart makes me eat it only from the pictures
- 30 g peanuts
- 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- a bit of pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon margarine
- cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of rasberries
- or your favorite fruits
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1. Place the peanuts in a bowl and grind in the blender (with a sharp blade). Then place in a small bowl. Do not clean the bowl.
- 2. Combine flour, barley, baking soda, salt and spices in the dish in which you had the ground peanuts. Add on all the pieces of margarine and mix with a mixer until you get a vigorous mixing. Add eggs and nutmeg and mix until an even dough.
- 3. Make the dough ball and place in a plastic container or bag, allow to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 4. On a greased wax paper add some flour and place a layer of 20-25 cm in diameter of 2/3 of the dough.
- Place in a circular tray with a smaller diameter than the composition so that the edges stay high. Cover and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 5. Preheat the oven well.
- 6. Combine fruits and lemon peel and fill the dough.
- 7. You can cut the dough in decorative shapes (hearts, flowers, diamonds), and then just put over the fruits. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before being served
Tart molds and shapes and bases and whatever you need to get your tart
When you decide which tart to make, either mini tarts or a scrumptious large tart, maybe even cute decorative shapes.
I will show you a few tart shapes or bases and then you can make up your mind.
Non-Stick Tart Molds CHECK PRICE
Fluted Tart Pans CHECK PRICE
Set of 24 Tart TinsCHECK PRICE
Tartlet TinsCHECK PRICE
Square Tart PanCHECK PRICE
Fluted Tart Pan CHECK PRICE
And if we are still talking tarts, why not try some pop tarts?
Although these pop tarts are Limited Edition you still have time to try them. Better late than never, that's what they say.
Because we love Kellogg's and Kellogg's loves us, and we both love pumpkin pie ( or we don't? ), Kellogg's pop tarts hard workers decided to bring to our taste buds some delicious tarts. Kellogg's Limited Edition pumpkin pie pop tarts. I guess we will find them during festive seasons such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, you know when pumpkin is famous :).
So especially for you the Pumpkin Pie limited edition pop tarts from Kellogg's really taste like pumpkin pie. So before someone else will grab it from your face, why don't you stack on them? Eath them as they are or toast tem... delicious.
Go on, have one.
Kellogg's Pop Tarts Pumpkin Pie Limited EditionCHECK PRICE