Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes . . . To Live For!
Homemade Hmmm-Good Vegetarian Lasagna
Homemade vegetarian lasagna is just one of my favorite comfort foods.
Hmmm . . . just imagine layers of hot oozing flavors: an array of yummy vegetables, herbs, spices, cheeses (or tofu) if you choose.
Guess what? If you're looking for vegetarian lasagna recipes, you'll find a savory selection right here . . . just feast your eyes and then follow the links!.
Vegetable Lasagna . . . All Dished Up!
Photo used under Creative Commons from:leunix, on Flickr
Check out a couple of these vegetable lasagna recipes . . .
- Sweet Potato Vegetable Lasagna
With sweet potatoes , eggplant and other yummy ingredients, you'll love this one!
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini and more ...
- Vegetarian Lasagna
This three cheese lasagna recipe sports a chili pepper kick.
- Hearty Vegetable Lasagna
Quick and easy vegetable lasagna recipe
"They Won't Know It's Vegan Lasagna" - A Vegan lasagna That Everyone Will Love
Vegetarian Porcini Mushroom Lasagna - Photo used under Creative Commons from: Maggie Hoffman, on FlickrThey Won't Know It's Vegan Lasagna
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce (you may use less, depending on consistency)
- 12 oz. soy hamburger crumbles (Boca or Morningstar in frozen section)
- 3 cups (after cooking) veggies of choice (I like spinach, zucchini, and mushrooms)
- 6-8 oz. shredded mozzerella soy cheese (Follow Your Heart, Teese, or VeganRella)
- Tofu Ricotta Mix:
- 1 16 oz. tub firm tofu (not silken), pressed and drained
- 1 8 oz. tub vegan cream cheese (either Tofutti or Vegan Gourmet brand are best)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional, but good)
- 1/2 teaspoon each oregano and basil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Boil the lasagna noodles in water, lightly salted with a bit of oil to prevent sticking. Drain when al dente (firm but cooked) and let cool. Meanwhile, cook the veggies if raw. I cook them in vegetable broth and a pinch of salt until lightly cooked, then drain. Microwave the soy crumbles according to box directions. Shred the soy cheese.
- Put the Tofu Ricotta ingredients (except vegan cream cheese) into a food processor. Use the pulse function to keep the coarse texture of the tofu. If adding Tofutti, microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Use a wooden spoon to mix lightly into the blended ricotta mixture.
- Layer the ingredients in two or three layers, starting with noodles, then sauce, then tofu ricotta, then soy crumbles, then veggies. Repeat. Top it with a layer noodles, sauce and soy cheese. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool slightly, eat and enjoy alone or with garlic bread. Contains 8 servings.
Recipe submitted by dressel to VegWeb.com. Don't miss dressel's additional tips and suggestions for "They Won't Know It's Vegan Lasagna"
Spinach Lasagna Recipes
Photo used under Creative Commons from: serenejournal, on Flickr
A few spinach & tofu lasagna recipes . . .
Vegetarian Lasagna A La Mexicano
Really Cool Lasagna Pans - 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Trio Lasagna Pan from Chicago Metallic has 3 separate channels allowing cooks to be creative and makes it easy to serve vegetarians or carnivores from one pan. A custom-fit, exclusive spatula is deep enough to get that great first piece with no mess. The width and length of each channel is the same as standard lasagna noodles, making lasagna building fast and easy. Can be used to make three dinners in one batch - tonight's dinner and two for future nights or for those unexpected guests.
2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
In a conventional pan, lasagna can get messy in a hurry. After a few servings are removed, the layers slump and the noodles slide... and what's left in the pan starts to look a lot less appetizing (You'll know you're in trouble when your dinner guests put down their forks and reach for their spoons). Our Simple Lasagna Pan solves this problem by keeping the noodles and layers neatly stacked, regardless of how many portions are removed. Each serving of lasagna is held in place by the pan's inner walls, so even the last bite will look (and taste) as good as the first.
3 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
You don't have to make a heaping helping of lasagna for just you and a guest when you have this vibrantly colorful and stylish lasagna pan. Measuring 9 by 13 inches, this pan is great for cooking a small-sized lasagna. Dishwasher, microwave, freezer safe , too!
Vegetarian Lasagna Rolls
Some Savory Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes Can Be Found In This Wonderful Resource - It's really neat!
Pasta for All Seasons is filled with brilliantly creative ideas, from homey Autumn Harvest Lasagna or Ziti with Winter Vegetables to an elegant Fusilli with garlic, figs, and rosemary.