Vegetarian Peanut Soup
Yes They Can!
When I first heard of peanut soup, I could not imagine how this concoction would taste. After all, peanuts and soup just can't mix, right?
An interesting soup that is also a topic of conversation....
The blend of flavors in this soup is actually quite delicious and very interesting at the same time. I love the idea of making this for guests and watching to see how much they love this soup and all of the flavors they enjoy.
- 2 tbls.olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil.
- Add celery, onion and garlic, saute until tender.
- Add chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and crushed tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer.
- In a container with lid combine milk, flour and water.
- Shake mixture in container until smooth and stir into chicken broth mixture.
- Add peanut butter, stir and cook over medium hear for 15 minutes.
- Garnish soup in bowls with chopped peanuts, if desired..
Perfect for mixing anything to smooth perfection.
Great for mixing flour and any liquid to thicken gravies, soups and stews.