Roasted Eggplant Pizza- Unique and Delicious
If you are looking for a different kind of pizza to make that is also vegetarian, try this one. The roasted eggplant mixed with the garlic, onion and cheese will melt in your mouth. If you don't care to make your own pizza crust, a store bought crust will do just fine.
This Roasted Eggplant Pizza is quite versatile, so have a bit of fun with it. Add different vegetables or change the type of cheese for a whole new pizza experience.
- 1 large pre-made pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1 large eggplant sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tbls. salt
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1 tbls. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- If using a pizza stone, preheat as well.
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt and drain for about 20 minutes.
- Chop eggplant into 1 inch pieces and toss with olive oil.
- Roast eggplant in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Arrange eggplant over pizza crust and top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake on rack or pizza pan for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly brown.
A must-have for a crispy, evenly cooked pizza.
Makes a nice freshly cooked pizza right on the kitchen counter top.