- Food and Cooking
Vegetarian Italian Stew
My favorite way to cook always starts with a big stew pot. I add a little olive oil and start adding all sorts of fresh ingredients. Vegetarian Italian Stew is a very tasty way to make stew and enjoy your veggies. This recipe makes a lot which is nice to have leftovers for lunch the next day. Serve with a crusty bread so you don't miss soaking up all of the delicious stew juices.
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, broken up
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbls. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cups spinach leaves, packed
- Salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for Parmesan cheese and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese.
A nice big pot for your soup creation.