Vegetarian Quesadillas with Avocado
I like recipes that are easy, versatile and allow me to use ingredients that I might have on hand. Vegetarian Quesadillas with Avocado is exactly that type of recipe. I can choose whatever veggies I like and even use leftover veggies that are already cooked to save a step in the recipe. If I don't have avocado, fresh sliced tomato or some canned corn will do nicely. And I can use any cheese that I please for an easy does it recipe. This is a versatile recipe that you can have fun changing.
- Olive oil or butter
- 4 cups fresh sliced vegetables
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pit removed and sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 8 regular size tortillas
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbls. olive oil over medium heat.
- Add vegetables and saute until soft, remove and set aside.
- Heat another tbls. olive oil in same skillet.
- Add 1 tortilla and top with 1/4 vegetables, 1/4 avocado slices and 1/4 cheese.
- Add another tortilla on top.
- Cook until browned on one side and flip carefully, to brown other side.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, vegetables, avocado and cheese.
- Slice tortillas into pie shaped wedges.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream