- Food and Cooking
Veggie Panini Recipes
Veggie Panini Recipes - All Vegetable Panini Sandwich Recipes that Will Make your Mouth Water!
Paninis are more than just sandwiches, they're a way of life in Italy! The Italians know how to do sandwiches. You wouldn't expect a hodgepodge, ordinary run of the mill sandwich there, and that's why they have paninis instead of just sandwiches. These Italian style sandwiches are usually grilled, but can be cold as well. Typically made on ciabatta bread, or foccacia bread, paninis can also be very high in fat. However, if you use veggies as your base, you can have delicous and healthy veggie paninis that will taste unbelievably tasty...you won't miss the fat and meat at all! Read on to find some tasty veggie panini recipes.
These spinach tomato pesto paninis pack a punch. They're relatively low in fat, and have only a few ingredients. The key to making this sandwich great is the bread. A fresh loaf of ciabatta bread makes all the difference.
- Fresh mozarella slices (2 per sandwich, sliced thin)
- Pesto spread (prepared pasta pasta works great)
- Fresh tomato slices (2-3 thin slices per sandwich)
- 1 box frozen spinach, or 1 cup prepared cooked spinach
- 1 loaf of fresh ciabatta bread
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Cut a loaf of ciabatta bread in 4 quarters. Cut the bread in half lengthwise.
2. Prepare the spinach according to package directions. Drain the spinach well so the bread doesn't get soggy. Place a generous amount onto each sandwich.
3. Place the tomato slices and mozarella slices onto the sandwich. Add the pesto to the top slices of bread underneath.
4. Brush the sandwiches with olive oil and heat the panini grill to medium. Grill the sandwiches for approximately 5 minutes. Check frequently to make sure the bread doesn't burn. The sandwich is done when the cheese is slightly melted and brown lines are seared into the ciabatta bread. Cut the veggie panini in half and serve!
Eggplant Parmigiana Panini
An easy way to use leftover eggplant!
This recipe works best with leftover eggplant parmiagana, since you won't have to make it from scratch! But if you do, this is a good recipe to try.
-Cooked eggplant parmiagana slices
-1/4 cup marinara (per sandwich)
-1/4 cup Shredded mozarella cheese
-2 slices Italian bread
-1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat the griddle and cook the eggplant slices for about 2-3 minutes, enough to get warm.
2. Place one slice of bread on the grill, brushed with olive oil. Place the heated eggplant on top of the bread, then the cheese, then the sauce. Place the other slice of bread (brushed with olive oil) onto the top of the sandwich.
3. Grill for approximately 5 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt and lines form on the bread.
picture courtesy of Sandstein
Panini Grills on Amazon - Start making tasty panini sandwiches by getting a grill on Amazon!
What's your favorite type of bread for paninis?
Veggie Panini Recipes Online - Tasty Italian sandwich recipes gone vegetarian!
- Cucumber Mushroom Onion Veggie Panini
A tasty medley of veggies on this sandwich!
- Veggie Panini Ideas
Tons of idea for unique, healthy vegetarian paninis.
- Grilled Veggie Panini
An assortment of veggies taste perfect and fresh on this grilled panini.
- Asparagus, Mushroom Red Pepper Panini
You can't beat the fresh taste of these 3 flavorful vegetables combined onto one panini.
- Grilled Rosemary, Tofu and Veggie Panini
A unique combination packed full of protein on this crusty Italian sandwich.
- Goat Cheese & Bell Pepper Panini
Sweet bell pepper and spicy chili peppers make this sandwich even hotter!
- Eggplant Fontina & Tomato Panini
Fontina is a variety of cheese that (according to Wikipedia) "Its taste falls somewhere in between American and Mozzarella."
Simple Caprese Foccacia Panini
A tasty sandwich that takes just a few minutes to make
This panini is simple, yet looks like a million bucks. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this for dinner in a snap.
-One whole fresh tomato, sliced lengthwise
-One large fresh mozarella ball, sliced lengthwise
-1 tbsp fresh basil, cut into strips
-1 tsbp extra virgin olive oil
-1 tsp balsamic vinegar
-1 fresh baked foccacia bread, sliced into sandwich sized bread pieces (lengthwise)
1. Marinate the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil and tomatoes together for about 30 minutes to let the taste get absorbed into the fruit.
2. Preheat the panini grill and place a piece of bread on the grill. Brush the bread with extra virgin olive oil on the outside.
3. Place a marinated tomato slice and basil on the bread. Don't drench the bread, it will get soggy quick.
4. Place a slice of mozarella over the tomato, then a slice of tomato again. Stack the sandwich as high as you prefer.
5. Sandwich the tomato and mozarella between the bread slices and grill the sandwich for 5 minutes, or until lines form on the bread. Serve immediately.
A panini's best friend: fresh mozarella!
Tapenades: The Perfect Spread for your Paninis! - Paninis taste even better with a delicious spread!
Panini Books on Amazon
Essential for a good panini, and essential fats for you!
Be sure to visit Chartreuse today!
Find unique eco friendly products from Chartreuse like biodegradable trash bags, reusable bags, organic lotions, handsoaps, bamboo utensils and much more!
Have a veggie panini recipe or link of your own you'd like to share? Tell us about it!
Recommended Green Links
- The Greener Earth
Cool organic products from Chartreuse! From biodegradable trash bags to paperless towels, check out the unique eco chic products available!
- Green Living Tips
Green tips to make your path to going green a little easier!
- Reusable Bags
Trendy reusable bags, 100% cotton canvas, machine washable and fade resistant!